Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall i just got a 98 gt maybe like a month now. an i have a 2001 complete motor an was wondering what would be faster or better to do just the pi swap or the whole motor swap.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Considering you have the complete motor and odds are the PI Motor has less miles on it i would just swap the motor IMO its easier then trying to do heads and an intake while the NPI motor is still in the car.And then you will have a better starting point should you decide to start throwing bolt-ons at it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ive got a bbk cai an a bbk no cat x pipe on now.. talk about a headache getting that x pipe on. so your saying just do a motor swap.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
i think the swap wounldnt be faster due to higher compression but with less miles, in the end its better. id do the swap

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think the swap wounldnt be faster due to higher compression but with less miles, in the end its better. id do the swap
The swap would be so much faster all in a days work for a turn key motor. Rather than having to mess with the timing chains much less headache:D

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
The swap would be so much faster all in a days work for a turn key motor. Rather than having to mess with the timing chains much less headache:D
what do you mean?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he saying that it would be way faster to do the motor swap than have to mess with the timing chain when swapping the heads for pi swap...... everyone's saying do the swap but not saying pi
or motor

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
engine swap, lower miles i assume, and an engine swap would be less of a headache imo, and it will be easier to put the headers on the motor out of the car anyway so that shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
thanks guys i think ima do the motor swa:D
before doing so maybe new crank bearings/seals or whatever is fairly easy to do ONLY when teh motor is out :dunno

·
Registered
437 Posts
pi swap hp > pi motor hp
but if you swap the engines, you will be able to do more things down the road. if this is the only performance thing you will be doing, id say go with the pi swap. (if there isnt too many miles on the npi engine.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts