Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this 98 im lookin at gettin in a trade has said to have the pi swap done but how can i look and tell? it still has the msd coil packs in the fron like the non pi does ... does that matter?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I would think...PI's are set up to be run with COP's but im not sure if they can be run with coils and wires or not....

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
in other words just use pi heads and intake with the existing non pi ignition setup?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
the coil packs would still be in the front unless he paid the 250 bucks for the relocate kit.
Did he change the whole engine? Thats what i did to mine, threw out the 98 engine and put in the 04 engine. If your trying to tell if its a newer engine, then the oil cap is on the right side instead of the left, that's a pretty easy way to tell.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The heads will not have a pi on them...

The oil cap will be on the passenger side, that's got to be the easiest way

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but u also can reuse the old valve cover i read that on another tread.. he has the orig on these..

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
On PI intakes the first crossover comes from the right like this:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
did you compare your with the picture I posted? This can't be that hard to figure out if its a pi swap.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he said tht a shop with a known rep done the swap.. but intakes look nothing like one u posted..

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
..how does it not look like the one I posted? Is it not a mustang engine in the car? Dude you need to try and get those pictures of the car up here

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this dude is tryin to trade me that 4 a 414ci windsor with c4 in a tbird i have that runs low 11s on motor.. hes on crack!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
yeah I dont know then man

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
yeah, no problem dude

1 - 20 of 27 Posts