Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all right i know this has been asked alot but im havin trouble findin the old threads. anyway, if i buy pi heads, a pi intake and the gaskets for the heads and intake, what else do i need to buy to do the swap?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Intake gaskets, front cover seals, valve cover seals, exhaust gaskets?, pi coolant tube, water pump nipple, head bolts, that's all i can think of off the top of my head. I've heard a flexible dipstick tube makes life easier as well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heres a pi swap kit i found but is everything in this kit absolutely necessary for the swap or can i go wihout some of it? i know i can at least go without new spark plugs but what else?

4.6L PI Cylinder Heads (complete)PI Intake Manifold (with aluminum water crossover passage)Intake GasketsThermostat and O-RingThermostat Housing BoltsHeater Hose (for the different runner length of the PI Intake)Heater Hose NippleAlternator Bracket and BoltsDipstick TubeCamshaft BoltsHead GasketsExhaust GasketsValve Cover GasketsTiming Cover GasketsWater Pump GasketOEM Ford Head BoltsMotorcraft Spark Plugs

·
Registered
306 Posts
I want to buy the PI swap also, but i dont want to pay a bunch of money to install it. You got a hookup spot?

Or you kno how?

I'd help you do yours if you help me lol.

I also wanna throw on a short throw shifter, gears, midpype, (would like to do LT's but dont wanna pay out the a$$ for the installation on that one either).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^one of my friends uncles owns a performance shop in my area and they usuaully give me a good deal on labor and they can get the heads ported for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
buy the kit thats wat i did came with a nipple for the water pump(i didnt need) the new pipe running threw the valley gaskets and intake :) was like 2something had to replace cuz my old 1 cracked where the radiator line went in the front. make sure i use gasket sealant on the front and back cooling ports. and get help when u place it down cuz i started then notice my egr valve was messing me up had to call for help while making sure i didnt drop it lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts