Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what does everybody think of this.. I want opinions on which way to go and which is better to start off with. I've heard a lot of people saying to go PI, and i've had a few arguing that I should start off lighter and just go UDPs and full exhaust...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The question is, do you really mean full exhaust? Headers included? Headers are a Huge pain to install. But the gains are good. UDP's are cool to as long as your staying n/a. If you have any desire to go FI, you should keep the stock pullies. That all being said, the exhaust and UDP's is not going to net you as much power as the PI swap. And the PI swap will be a relatively simply swap. I advise PI first. Then you are working with essentially the same motor as a 99+ but with about a half point more compression.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
If your gonna go with long tubes or even shorties for that matter, then I would suggest saving yourself a TON of frustration and do them while your doing the P.I. swap. That way you can put them in threw the top side instead of trying to wriggle them boys in threw the bottom.

If your just looking to do something simple then go with the UDP's and an off road x or h pipe. Then add the mufflers or catback of your choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. see, thats kind of what i was thinking after my last thread... my roommate on the other hand thinks that a PI swap should wait until after full exhaust. and yes, i mean true full exhaust..headers, mid-pipe, and flow cat-backs. i feel like a lot of people are leaning toward the PI swap though, and so am i. i just want to be sure which would be better. i dont have much done right now...just flowmaster cat-backs, cold air, and a short throw shifter... so, i'm just trying to see which would be a better start. is the swap really all that easy?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Iv'e got a set of C.A.M. udp's you can have if you want them, just cover the shipping and there yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i have flow cat-backs right now..and i have heard that long tubes are a pain in the ass and it's easier to do top side... i'm kind of leaning toward the PI swap i think. will i need to worry about a tune after i do that swap though?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Most guys just collect the pieces. It's alot cheaper that way. Hell, you can usually get a set of heads cams and intake for around $500 these days. Then you just need a new set of gaskets and a p.i. tube for the bottom of the manifold.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
no your roommate is a retard, dont listen to him. if you do i promise youll want to shoot yourself in the face because of your stupidity. if you can afford it get the long tubes and heads and just place them on when you switch out the heads

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
do it and dont look back. you wont regret doing the pi swap....that is until you want boost :yes

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
wouldnt really change anything. i mean it may bring in some more stress to the car but honestly unless your at 200k or some crazy stuff like that it will take it fine. the added stress would be marginal at best

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it has considerably low mileage for a 13/14 yr old car. it has like 136,xxx miles. no rust, no leaks, no problems running.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts