Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know a pi swap is probably the first thing i should do to my car but i am having trouble understanding wut it consists of, how to do it, and all the parts needed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
your gunna get alot of DO A SEARCH comments

to get the jist of things, its the heads/cams/ and intake mani off of the 99+ cars.... if you wanna know how to do it, then do a search, write ups are all over the internet

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
The most basic necesities are PI heads, PI cams, PI intake, and the head changing kit. There are many ways to improve on that but that is the basic set-up and if you can do it for around $1000 by buying off of someone it is worth it.

I saw a set of PI heads on here in the classifieds yesterday for $400. That is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
962 Posts
dont pay a penny over 300 for your heads unless they have been cleaned thoroughly by a machine shop or are new/rebuilt...

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
they are just got them back from the shop.. they were pressure tested, resurfaced, acid dipped, and a valve job..

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
ya i bought them from acmillr, and had them reworked. im tryin to get around $450 for them but im open to offers.. and i will post pics of them tonight

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it worth buying them new or should i just buy em used?

·
Registered
962 Posts
is it worth buying them new or should i just buy em used?
buy them used... id never spend that much money to have new stock components in there...

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
you can get them so cheap.....jegs has them for like 400 a head....hes willing to sell his for 450 shipped...and they are reworked and cleaned and just as good as new....so you tell me what the better deal is lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts