Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car came with remote start, but when the guy sold it to me he said he lost the transmitter key for it.

I finally found the hardware under the dash this weekend and took a picture of it. Looks like it's actually "Ford Motor Company"

Where do I buy the transmitter for this cheap? Basically need the button on a key pad.

Thanks

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Would this work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-FACTORY-REMOTE-CAR-START-REMOTE-2W7Z-15K601-BA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e629c2f0dQQitemZ130503421709QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
253 Posts
id try ebay, ive seen transmitters on there pretty cheap, i didn't realize you could get remote start on our cars. i don't know how you go about programming it to your car though

didn't see your link for ebay there, i would think it would work since it is for a ford, again... just gotta get it programmed to your car somehow

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I've messed with those before, looks like the dealership installed option that came on F150s. You'll see a 12 digit code on the alarm somewhere, just match the first 4 with the remote you're buying and it should be compatible.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've messed with those before, looks like the dealership installed option that came on F150s. You'll see a 12 digit code on the alarm somewhere, just match the first 4 with the remote you're buying and it should be compatible.

SWEET bro

Thanks for the assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts