Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up really early today to drive up to Bassani's shop in Anaheim, CA. Met up with Kurt one of the sales guys there. They were going to put the longtubes in a box, but I told them not to, because it wouldn't fit in the mustang lol.

I also went to Hillbank Motorsports in Irvine while I was in the vicinity and talked with Ashton and a few of the other guys up there. He gave me a little tour of the facility and it looks way bigger than the it appears outside. My club is going to have a meet up there sometime this month or next month.

Next stop I went to Detailing.com's shop. Man they have a lot of detailing supplies and even got to try out the Flex DA with Meguire's microfiber system. That thing is beefy and feels way more comfortable than my Porter Cable. Will have to pick one up one of these days. Rene', the guy that works there was very helpful and answered many questions I had. Great customer service. I finally left after purchasing my Gilmore foam gun. Woop woop. Anywho, I've been rambling enough so here are the pics.

A pic with the longtubes, o/r extensions and cats.

A pic of where the longtubes and extensions meet up. You can see it will be held together with V-band clamps. Just like how turbo kits are held together.

And the thick flange

·
Registered
664 Posts
So you ever gonna tell us what you paid for them?

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't want me to tell, because they don't want everyone calling them to try and get a deal. They want you to go through their distributors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like a partial sponsorship deal folks. He cannot tell you what he paid.

Living in Cali does sometimes have its perks, most manufacturers are based out of So Cali. When I was sponsored by K&N I would just drive to their warehouse and get whatever they were working fitted and the car dynoed. KMC also hooked several friends up with wheels for their show cars.

Good luck with the headers Swervo.

They don't want me to tell, because they don't want everyone calling them to try and get a deal. They want you to go through their distributors.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Those LT's look like top notch quality but I have one concern. Where they cut the BX into the flange near the exhaust port....I'd be afraid it would crack due to the constant expansion and contraction. Or possibly make it a little easier to blow a gasket out.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those LT's look like top notch quality but I have one concern. Where they cut the BX into the flange near the exhaust port....I'd be afraid it would crack due to the constant expansion and contraction. Or possibly make it a little easier to blow a gasket out.
My ARHs longtubes on my Mach had ARH cut into the flange with no adverse effects.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
looks sexay :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ummm... those legal in Cali?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dang that sounds like a great day. I think I am getting a little jealous of Swervo..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts