Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently went from the Honda world to the darkside! I found a great deal on a 93 vert with a ton of new parts and a good start on mods. Paid 6k, 98k original miles.I'm slowly learning here and there but definitely will need help from you guys. Here she is!

smog pump delete kit
champion aluminum radiator
electric fans
flowmaster mufflers
flowmaster tailpipes
custom x-pipes
long tube headers
4.10 gears?
unknown cam
shift kit
e3 plugs
MSD ignition
BBK cold air intake
BBK 70mm throttle body
coolant bypass mod
Eibach lowering springs
WELD draglite wheels
Nitto 555r 275/50/15 rear 195s up front
sensa-trac struts
Fiberglass hood
Saleen spoiler
roll/styling bar
tinted head lights
unknown amp chrome alternator :(
Cd player and Kenwood speakers
New paint, upholstry,window motors, door lock actuators, outer seals, bushings, tie rods, entire cooling system is new etc.
more stuff I'm forgetting

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
Welcome to the dark side! (we don't have cookies.) Nice car though! Gotta love that v8 rumble, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately we have no idea which cam was installed and whether I have 373s or 410s. Tach is broken so I'm not sure what RMPs I cruise at but it feels pretty high at 60mph. My voltage drops to ten at idle although the alternator appears to be a newer one. I cant imagine its a lower amp version but I'm not sure how to tell. Power steering and A/C need to go soon, and I'll add a nicer intake manifold and eventually some heads and underdrive pulleys when I get this voltage stuff figured out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome. That is a super clean car! The previous owner did a good job modifying it. It's a big difference from a Honda. I've owned several Honda Civics in the past. It's nice having all that torque down low and not having to rev to the moon to get it.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Car looks great and you got a good deal on it too. I really like that color. Welcome to the forum :yes

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
Definitely is a different world. Sorry, I personally am no help with voltage stuff :(

·
04 Mustang
400 Posts
Sweet ride man, welcome to MM.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I am also from Charlotte! Welcome to a real car! :yes

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, thanks guys! It also came with a BBK 76MM MAF, Accel 24lb injectors and a BBK 190LPH fuel pump brand new in their boxes along with some E3 plugs as well. I'm like cool, thanks for the $800 in free parts! I forgot that the convertible top is brand new as well. I jumped on it quickly, I just hope I can pass inspection somehow without the cats and smog pump.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forums, nice car man.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Welcome to mm :wave

You can find out the rear end ratio by jacking up the car. Put the car in neutral and spin the wheel. Take note of where the driveshaft is before you turn. If it turns about 4 times, 4.10 ratio. If it's about 3 and 3/4, 3.73. And so on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Welcome to MM! car looks awesome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to mm :wave

You can find out the rear end ratio by jacking up the car. Put the car in neutral and spin the wheel. Take note of where the driveshaft is before you turn. If it turns about 4 times, 4.10 ratio. If it's about 3 and 3/4, 3.73. And so on.
Awesome, I had no idea. I'll check it out soon. I appreciate the tip!

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Welcome dude! Congrats on your first real car ;) JK! Ive had a few foxbodies in the past and i can tell from your engine pic, that your alternator is a 2G, which has a 65 amp rating. If you do an upgrade to a 3G alternator (always my first mod on my foxes) that has a 130 amp rating! Much better! You can use the radio without the headlights dimming lol.

I went with this because it comes with a new wire, and there's no messing with electrical at all. The only thing you have to do is cut out a small section of the alternator bracket, because this alt is bigger. Hope this helps!

(get the premium wire)
87-93 130A 5.0 Mustang Alternator w/ Power Wire

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
Welcome, I am also in NC about 30 minutes north of fort bragg.
You shouldn't have any issues with emissions anything pre 96 is safety only for the inspection. even on the newer cars most of the time they dont check for the cats but some shops do.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the Mustang family bud. Once you've gotten all of those quirks fixed I just know you're going to love your new baby. Nothing beats the sound and feel of a true blue American V8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome. There is a local offering the 3g kit + install for $150. The tach is on the back burner even though its a quick fix. I need some sub frame connectors first before I can beat on her a bit. Only other issues are that the car doesn't start well cold. It dies on first start but always cranks fine the second time or in warmer weather. car accelerates smoothly and quickly, yet sometimes on deceleration or idle it tends to slightly buck. Is this because of the cam or is it a real issue?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts