Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up @ the Food Lion Autofair last week. I'm the 2nd owner, and it only has 50k original miles.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
very clean, it's especially hard to find SN95s in that condition these days

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Yes, I was lucky to find it. There were people in line to buy it if I didn't! It's way too nice to drive regularly. My 18 year-old daughter wants to drive it for the summer, but that's not gonna happen. I have to fix a couple of minor things, and then I will probably sell it. I just can't afford to keep 2 weekend cars long-term. :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wow that's a great find!!

Makes my car look like sh1t to be honest..I'm gonna need new paint and new leather fairly soon..although my car does have nearly 300,000 miles more on it :D.
I have also always not been a big fan of those wheels...BUT it does make me jealous because they are 17s.

How much did you pay for her?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that's a great find!!

Makes my car look like sh1t to be honest..I'm gonna need new paint and new leather fairly soon..although my car does have nearly 300,000 miles more on it :D.
I have also always not been a big fan of those wheels...BUT it does make me jealous because they are 17s.

How much did you pay for her?
I agree, I don't like that style wheel either. I came close to putting some cobra R style wheels on it. It doesn't make sense to put more money it in if I'm gonna sell it soon.

The front header panel that holds the headlights and front pony emblem is cracked, so I'm replacing it this weekend. It's a PITA because I have to take the front bumper cover off. The only other fix is to replace an aftermarket right headlight with an OEM Ford one.

This car really is in amazing shape. It would be great to take to car shows and cruise-ins. I will ask $10k when it goes up for sale. If I can't get close to that, I'll probably keep it for awhile.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You still didn't answer my question :D

I'm sure you payed a pretty penny for her. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You still didn't answer my question :D

I'm sure you payed a pretty penny for her. I'm just curious.
Yes, several pretty pennies. :yes

I changed the header panel today and took it to a cruise-in this afternoon. I'm headed down to Lexington, SC on Sunday for an all-Ford car show. It should be the perfect place to try to sell it.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I honestly think the OP only joined this site so that he could get the word out that he only picked up this 5.0 so that he could sell it. He started this thread 3 minutes after joining the site.
That would also explain why he won't answer your question JohnGT.
Attitudes like this make me sick..........buying a cherry car like this just so that you can flip it for a couple thousand more than what you paid for it and with no real intent of ever truly appreciating the car for what it is. Greed in its most obvious form and not realy a true enthusiast if you're just going to treat a car like a prostitute :mad:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cobraman, I have to agree with you on this, I felt the same way when I read this post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I honestly think the OP only joined this site so that he could get the word out that he only picked up this 5.0 so that he could sell it. He started this thread 3 minutes after joining the site.
That would also explain why he won't answer your question JohnGT.
Attitudes like this make me sick..........buying a cherry car like this just so that you can flip it for a couple thousand more than what you paid for it and with no real intent of ever truly appreciating the car for what it is. Greed in its most obvious form and not realy a true enthusiast if you're just going to treat a car like a prostitute :mad:
I bought this car from a dealer at the autofair. Do you think he bought the car so he could break even on it? If do decide to sell it, it won't be to make "a couple thousand"....more like a couple hundred.

This is my 9th Mustang, and I've babied every one of them. It's funny that you're giving me grief for not appreciating it! In fact, I will only sell it to someone that plans to keep it garaged and use it as a weekend/show car. It won a first-in-class yesterday at an all-Ford show in the 94-98 open class. I don't have the room to keep it garaged all the time, and I really don't want to let my 18-year-old use it as her daily driver this summer.

My hobby is detailing, modding, and fixing Mustangs. I have spent about 10 hours on this 95 GT making it as nice as possible. I am a member of several Mustang websites and a moderator on one, too. I am also a member of a local Mustang club. I will NEVER sell the 06 GT vert that I've spent 5 years modding & enjoying. Do you still think I don't "appreciate" Mustangs? You are entitled to your opinion. It just happens to be totally wrong this time! :chillpill

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I bought this car from a dealer at the autofair. Do you think he bought the car so he could break even on it? If do decide to sell it, it won't be to make "a couple thousand"....more like a couple hundred.

This is my 9th Mustang, and I've babied every one of them. It's funny that you're giving me grief for not appreciating it! In fact, I will only sell it to someone that plans to keep it garaged and use it as a weekend/show car. It won a first-in-class yesterday at an all-Ford show in the 94-98 open class. I don't have the room to keep it garaged all the time, and I really don't want to let my 18-year-old use it as her daily driver this summer.

My hobby is detailing, modding, and fixing Mustangs. I have spent about 10 hours on this 95 GT making it as nice as possible. I am a member of several Mustang websites and a moderator on one, too. I am also a member of a local Mustang club. I will NEVER sell the 06 GT vert that I've spent 5 years modding & enjoying. Do you still think I don't "appreciate" Mustangs? You are entitled to your opinion. It just happens to be totally wrong this time! :chillpill
Well, not totally wrong.
You did start up this thread about this car and how you intend to sell it only 3 minutes after you joined the forum and as your first post after the usual "newb" post.
As much as you just made a case for 10 hours of detailing on this car prior to driving out to a national mustang show, can you honestly tell me that's not going to be used as a selling point?-----"extremely clean car, won first in class trophy at its first show"..........even if that's not on the for sale sign, I'm pretty sure you won't hold back from mentioning it.
As far as selling this car to someone who will "only keep it garaged and use it as a weekend/show car"----ha, all they have to do is show you the money and you won't care what happens to car as long as the check clears.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this, regardless of you being a moderator on some other forum, it doesn't change our first impression of you on Modded Mustangs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, not totally wrong.
You did start up this thread about this car and how you intend to sell it only 3 minutes after you joined the forum and as your first post after the usual "newb" post.
As much as you just made a case for 10 hours of detailing on this car prior to driving out to a national mustang show, can you honestly tell me that's not going to be used as a selling point?-----"extremely clean car, won first in class trophy at its first show"..........even if that's not on the for sale sign, I'm pretty sure you won't hold back from mentioning it.
As far as selling this car to someone who will "only keep it garaged and use it as a weekend/show car"----ha, all they have to do is show you the money and you won't care what happens to car as long as the check clears.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this, regardless of you being a moderator on some other forum, it doesn't change our first impression of you on Modded Mustangs.
I see you decided not to swallow that chill pill. Who said I took the car to a national show? Why do you care what "selling points" I use?

My intention was to just share my great find of a very nice Mustang. YES, I'm guilty! I might actually sell this car after I finish working on it. If I do decide to sell it, I won't advertise it on this site. It would just create too much ammo for all of you flamers. I didn't start this "argument", but I'm done now, too. It's a shame that some people can't just remain silent if they don't have something nice to say.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
cut the **** guys, the op has not showed any intent of trying to sell this car on the website.

theres no reason to start a flame war.... if he tries to sell the car with his post count and brief history on the site it will be quickly deleted....

cobraman you entitled to your opinion, but there's no reason to criticize the guy for picking up a mustang and trying to flip it.

OP, ur potential asking price seems a bit high, even though it is a clean car. i paid 10k for a 95 5.0 with less miles back in 2002, and honestly don't see you getting more then 5k for the car with the right buyer.... but again, thats just my opinion, and i wish you luck with the car....

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just wanted to know the value of the car in that condition..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Has anyone said it was "clean" yet? muahaha. Though, seriously, that has to be as close to mint as you can get. The yellow paint is still pretty new on the oil cap, the coolant lid, and pretty sure the stickers in the engine bay are easy to read still, and when was the last time I saw a "new" looking dizzy cover? Gosh, that is a great buy!!! Congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts