Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 99 gt with CAI and full SLP exhaust headers back. now im in the market for a tuner but the topic is confusing me a little bit so im looking for suggestions, brands and webstores to buy. any advice is appreciated.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I got my SCT Live wire through american muscle...SCT has given me GREAT support, but after finding out about Trick Tuners i wish i would have gotten my tuner throgh them. Once my paycheck comes in i will be retuning with them.

SCT FTW!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just got my Xcal 3 and tune from Tricktuners....They are very Professional, Knowledgable, Thorough, and Helpful. I feel I made a good choice with them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
if you have i dyno shop near by i would use whatever software that they tune with. like, the dyno shop i go to uses SCT so i use an SCT tuner.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
if dyno tuning, use what they tune with. i recommend diablo if you just buying one to have. doc is getting rid of his x-3 for a diablo for his mach.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like SCT. Thats whats on my car. Dont know how true it is but i have heard u can only have 1 dynotune on a diablo unless its for and 05+... SCT can hold 3 i think, just what i have heard about the diablo like i said could be wrong

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
sct does store up to 4 tunes on the x-2, and 3 on the x-3 i think. the diablo can hold a custom tune in the programmer itself. it will hold that tune and you can do another, but will not store it. the x-3 loads faster than the diablo, not sure about the 2.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have ran the superchips, hypertech, diablo, and the x-3. the x-3 is nice and user friendly for the most part, tuning ability is hands down better on the diablo.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have a fuego and i regret buying it.I'll be getting rid of it for a diablo from bama chips.

·
Registered
609 Posts
sorry for thread hijacked..but do you guys prefer handheld tuners over dyno tunes?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am extremly happy with the LiveWire with the lastest upgrade and the shop I work with sell them all and gotta tell you the easyest to use isthe Diablo but the upgradeablity is SCT products

1 - 19 of 19 Posts