Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

Picking up the ride, added some cams, throttle body, fixed battery drain, a couple of tires (thanks to a construction zone), alignment, tune up, new battery etc........What do you think I am gonna have for #'s??

Old Set Up:

Novi 1k (3.25" pulley), 42lb injectors, UPR HI flo cats, Walbro GSS 342, magnapacks welded into stock exhaust,3.73 gears, stock maf ='s 335 rwhp/328 rwtq

New Set Up:

same as above but have added AFM F42 cams, 78MM BBK TB/Plenum, and Diablo Mafia.

What do you think?

I am in the process of gathering parts for part deux of this adventure to intercool this sucker but i'll create a post for some assistance on for that..since i am new to the site i figured i'll take some pics and do some sort of write up aswell (i'll have a helping hand thank goodness :D)

In transit or in the basement.

_ procharger 3 core intercooler with most of the piping
_SCT Tuner
-Kenne Belle BAP 40 A

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Very nice man good luck. Text me

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You're going to like the numbers. If you do pick up 40 rwhp you will come close to the limit your MAF. Mine peaked around 360-370 rwhp. But with cams that might be different.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to pick it up now....couldn't wait til Friday. Lmao

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
lol nice

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did hit the limit as I did need a mafia.....first I walked now I'm on the train.... My buddy is picking me up to drive me there...t minus 60 mins or so....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the drum roll please....lmao..

spent an hour with my tuner and explained everything he did top to bottom and we even spent some time behind the wheel cruising...

final # are 384 rwhp and 365 rwtq..i'll post dyno once it gets emailed...and if i can figure it out how to...i am at 8.8 lbs of boost, 13 degrees of timing...had a tough time getting more out of it because my intake temps started at 150 and kept climbing to 195 by the last pull....my pos **** walbro just made matter worse as my fuel pressure was all over the place difficult to pin down and tune....af ratio's were aprx 11.7 thru the power band...i will say you can't really tell i have new cams very very subtle not quite stock but you know something is lurking....no loss whatsoever down low....and the car from 3.5k on makes 30-50 more rwhp......dies off quickly after 5900 rpms though.....

i defintely need to get a handle of the extra 50 ponies and re-learn how to drive it but man is it fun even for an old man like myself........gotta get rid of the pos walbro and intercool this biznatch.....the sct tuner is arriving and i have a date with the tuner to show me how to data log and and how to use it etc......he went thru car top to bottom replaced idler pulley, added a breather, cleaned inlet and maf as it was sucking oil..and tuned the sucker up top to bottom......very pleased he spend mucho time with me explaining everything and talked about what is working with the setup and what needs to be addressed if i want more...driveablilty thus far is spot on....80 miles tonight....and the new found power is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now just have to hide the part deux parts from the wife lol

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Congrats man, glad it all worked out for you. Definatley need to throw that intercooler on there but for the time being enjoy the car.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Heat is alway a problem. As Shaun suggested, an intercooler would help a lot. Good numbers. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
congrats man i need to get me a bigger pulley and some cams asap, this 350rwhp is cutting it anymore, i want that 400rwhp mark or damn close..... there are some good guys over there at DEZ

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
your power drops off bc of the high IATs. your limited to 13* timing bc of it as well. intercool is and you will see a decent gain in power bc of the cooler IATs and the ability to add some timing. but good numbers none the less.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
congrats man i need to get me a bigger pulley and some cams asap, this 350rwhp is cutting it anymore, i want that 400rwhp mark or damn close..... there are some good guys over there at DEZ
then you will want a SMALLER pulley. ;)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
then you will want a SMALLER pulley. ;)
nah bigger pulley im at 12.5lbs of boost on stock internals so im gonna get a bigger one and stay at 10 psi with cams and a more aggressive tune... my tune is very safe right now because of the high boost

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
oh... gotcha... i thought you was wanting to hit 400.... dont plan on hitting it if you drop 2 psi and go cams. Id leave it and put the cams in. There are dudes over in Dallas with over 500rwhp on stock shortblocks. Just do it and quit being a pu.... nevermind!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes i am pretty happy....ya Jay throw some cams in there in buddy.....and intercool it while your at ; )

My new to me procharger three core intercooler has just arrived via fedex and so did the instructions from ATI now i need to piece together what parts i need to pull this off....

pretty happy still no drivability issues on day 2 so far so good.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'll post the dyno stuff once i get it

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
oh... gotcha... i thought you was wanting to hit 400.... dont plan on hitting it if you drop 2 psi and go cams. Id leave it and put the cams in. There are dudes over in Dallas with over 500rwhp on stock shortblocks. Just do it and quit being a pu.... nevermind!
hahahah yea maybe we will see sense ill be able to push it higher in the rpms im gonna be making more boost in the top end tho right? just dont wanna blow it up...
yes i am pretty happy....ya Jay throw some cams in there in buddy.....and intercool it while your at ; )

My new to me procharger three core intercooler has just arrived via fedex and so did the instructions from ATI now i need to piece together what parts i need to pull this off....

pretty happy still no drivability issues on day 2 so far so good.
nice im already intercooled now you need to haha

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no doubt..(lol)......i just started buying the intercooler parts.....what intercooler you using Jay?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Im pretty sure Jay is using the CXRacing 31x12x3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts