Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance if this is a repost. This has been a hot thread on my R6 forum and I figured I would show you guys too. Before you start replying it's important to know that :

a)It is LEGAL (somehow I guess in this area?) to pass slower moving cars on a double yellow if there is clearly no one in the other lane
b)The cops were slow to respond but supposedly action is now being taken against the pickup truck rider.

I'm a fellow motorcycle rider and this video makes me heated. The fact that the pick up truck driver KNOWINGLY tried to kill this motorcyclist, or at least intimidate the **** out of him is insane. I hope this scumbag gets locked up for a long time.

And to make you feel better, poetic justice:D

And lastlyyy here's the original thread if anyone is interested ot hear fellow motorcyclists comments:
Pickup driver tries to kill Motorcyclist. : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Wow, what a ****ing moron. About half way through the video he tried ****ing with 2 more motorcyclists. I would love to get a bike, but idiots like this would have me scared to ride. I hope they throw his ass in jail. I hope they take his license and never give it back as well. This guy doesn't need to be behind the wheel of a vehicle if he thinks it's ok to try running motorcyclists off the road.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I would like to know what happened to the driver...

to be honest....i wouldn't have confronted that guy in the truck like that. knowing that type of person, he was packing SOMETHING and would have used it without even thinking because he doesn't think...

dumbass

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to know what happened to the driver...

to be honest....i wouldn't have confronted that guy in the truck like that. knowing that type of person, he was packing SOMETHING and would have used it without even thinking because he doesn't think...

dumbass
Having said that I'm surprise how well the guy riding the motorcycle with the camera kept his cool when he called the cops. If someone tried to kill my best friend I would lose all composure and go ripshit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm not going to waste my time defending the pickup driver but it is ILLEGAL in that county to pass on a solid double yellow regardless of traffic. I know that road very well as I used to live in Bracken County. I hope the pick up driver gets his just reward, and I hope the officer who responded also educated the motorcyclists. The guy in the pickup was an idiot and should have just let the bikes go. Its okay to intimate other drivers like that but not defenseless bikers. I'll swerve at another car trying to pass me in a solid yellow but I never leave my lane and I let out of the accelerator for bikes its better to let them go and just avoid them if they wreck.

The guys in the 2nd video made me lol.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not going to waste my time defending the pickup driver but it is ILLEGAL in that county to pass on a solid double yellow regardless of traffic. I know that road very well as I used to live in Bracken County. I hope the pick up driver gets his just reward, and I hope the officer who responded also educated the motorcyclists. The guy in the pickup was an idiot and should have just let the bikes go. Its okay to intimate other drivers like that but not defenseless bikers. I'll swerve at another car trying to pass me in a solid yellow but I never leave my lane and I let out of the accelerator for bikes its better to let them go and just avoid them if they wreck.

Thanks for the clarification on the double yellow. From what people are saying it sounds like the officers aren't the least bit concerned with the bikers passing the truck.

And the second video is absolutely priceless!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts

If you're being serious, you should have your license taken away from you. That is one of the more moronic statements I've read on this forum.

Wonder how you would feel, if, say, someone swerved at, or tried to intimidate your mother, daughter, or family member the same way.

Under NO circumstances is it acceptable to intimidate other drivers with your vehicle. You are not the law, you are not a lawyer, and you are not the judge. You don't get to use your vehicle as an arbiter of punishment. And don't bother telling me how you're in control of your vehicle and you know what you're doing. I highly doubt that anyway based on your complete and utter lack of judgment, but even if that were true, the other person might panic, lose control, and crash into you, someone else, a tree..

... yeah I guess they deserve that though, because the punishment for bad driving should be maiming or death, shouldn't it?

Unbelievable.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. And you certainly don't get to use your vehicle as a tool of intimidation when you don't like how someone else is driving. That's how people die.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I hope the truck driver gets locked up AND I hope the bike rider in front loses his license forever. The truck driver is stupid retarded for trying to run ANYONE off the road. The bike driver is stupid for passing in a double yellow like he owns the road.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
well not sure if this is new or old...but i'm sure this video will go viral, a new station will pick up on it and shortly after justice will be served!

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you're being serious, you should have your license taken away from you. That is one of the more moronic statements I've read on this forum.

Wonder how you would feel, if, say, someone swerved at, or tried to intimidate your mother, daughter, or family member the same way.

Under NO circumstances is it acceptable to intimidate other drivers with your vehicle. You are not the law, you are not a lawyer, and you are not the judge. You don't get to use your vehicle as an arbiter of punishment. And don't bother telling me how you're in control of your vehicle and you know what you're doing. I highly doubt that anyway based on your complete and utter lack of judgment, but even if that were true, the other person might panic, lose control, and crash into you, someone else, a tree..

... yeah I guess they deserve that though, because the punishment for bad driving should be maiming or death, shouldn't it?

Unbelievable.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. And you certainly don't get to use your vehicle as a tool of intimidation when you don't like how someone else is driving. That's how people die.
First off I don't swerve at people who drive inside the rules and regulations of the road.
Secondly my family drives like old people, if they ever had any just cause for someone to swerve at them and not out of the way I'd eat my left foot.
Third you play by rules like everyone else (which these motorcyclists did not) you don't get swerved at for making an illegal pass. Patience is priceless. Had these cyclists waited to pass in the passing zone it'd be a different story.
Fourth I never claimed to be the law, a lawyer or a judge, saying I can't swerve at an asshole for breaking the law and maybe give him a wake up call that he's being a prick, is like saying you can't honk the horn when someone sits at a green light because they're on their phone or fiddling with the radio, because you may scare them into losing control of their vehicle and crashing into someone.
@ mello where did you find this video if this is new and not the older video of the a similar instance a few months ago in the same area.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
First off I don't swerve at people who drive inside the rules and regulations of the road.
Secondly my family drives like old people, if they ever had any just cause for someone to swerve at them and not out of the way I'd eat my left foot.
Third you play by rules like everyone else (which these motorcyclists did not) you don't get swerved at for making an illegal pass. Patience is priceless. Had these cyclists waited to pass in the passing zone it'd be a different story.
Fourth I never claimed to be the law, a lawyer or a judge, saying I can't swerve at an asshole for breaking the law and maybe give him a wake up call that he's being a prick, is like saying you can't honk the horn when someone sits at a green light because they're on their phone or fiddling with the radio, because you may scare them into losing control of their vehicle and crashing into someone.
@ mello where did you find this video if this is new and not the older video of the a similar instance a few months ago in the same area.
You should never swerve at anybody. I don't care if they're breaking the law, it's not your job to punish them and you're not suddenly above the law. Swerving at someone is stupid and dangerous. You're not remedying the situation, you're only adding an element of danger and you don't know what that other driver is going to do. How would you feel if he swerved because he thought you were going to hit him, jumped a curb, and hit a kid? If someone is breaking the law, call the police. Don't act like a total asshat because you feel justified in doing so. I italicized "feel" because you would not be justified and if an officer saw you do it, you can just expect a ticket yourself.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You should never swerve at anybody. I don't care if they're breaking the law, it's not your job to punish them and you're not suddenly above the law. Swerving at someone is stupid and dangerous. You're not remedying the situation, you're only adding an element of danger and you don't know what that other driver is going to do. How would you feel if he swerved because he thought you were going to hit him, jumped a curb, and hit a kid? If someone is breaking the law, call the police. Don't act like a total asshat because you feel justified in doing so. I italicized "feel" because you would not be justified and if an officer saw you do it, you can just expect a ticket yourself.
+1

And if you are the cause of injury to them or any other motorists by your swerving, guess what? -You'll be the one in jail.

Trying to compare this to someone honking their horn doesn't work. Swerving at someone is dangerous, pointless and against the law whereas honking can have a use and doesn't put anyone in danger. Does doing this make you feel better about yourself or something?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
What are you talking about? You are absolutely declaring yourself judge and jury of the roads by this statement: "First off I don't swerve at people who drive inside the rules and regulations of the road. "

You drive like an idiot. You can go ahead and get your back up by that statement, or be a bigger man and look in the mirror and admit that swerving at any one for any reason at any time is stupid, and you know it.

You want to be a professional competent driver? Drive defensively, and worry about your own vehicle. Be willing to always learn, and admit when you're wrong. Stop trying to drive other people's cars. People like you are a menace on the highways. I can just imagine how many moronic road rage incidents you're involved in.

Know how I know? I was like you when I was young, doing stupid things on the road, thinking "Damn! How DARE this guy drive slow, or pass ME when it's unsafe to do so! I'll show him!"

Grow up.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts