Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a pic, diagram, or exploded veiw in a cobra tank? i am starting to order the stuff for my build, and trying to figure out fuel issues.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am thinking i have to go to a twin cobra pump with modified fpdm, and BAP. i am looking for roughly 650 at the wheels. according to kingchronic, the twin cobras wont support that. i have seen them do it, and i have another scource that is helping me out a little bit sayin they will. i am thinking about baffling my own tank for this. i cant really tell whats up with the inside of the cobra tank.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
650 is right at the limit for the twin pumps with a bap. If you did a fuel line upgrade, wringing upgrade, and added one of those new stage five FPDMs you could probably do it. Might as well go with the ford gt pumps. There were some guys on MF talking about making a baffle for the GT tanks to save on the cobra tank price. I believe the best idea was a trap door system. Make a square frame around the pumps with sheet metal so it will barley fit thru the opening, or make it slightly bigger and assemble it inside the tank. Add a trap door on each of the 4 sides so that they only open in. Then any direction the Gs are, the opposite trapdoor will close to keep gas in, while the trap door on the other side will open to allow gas to rush in.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 svt pump wont support that, they flow 255lph. i have an aviator pump (275lph) that i originally planned to install, but i dont think it will be enough. after talking it over with some places, the twin cobras will bout do for me. the aviator with fpdm and BAP was looking for upper 500+, but it just wont cut it. i was looking for the stage 5 fpdm, but so far have been unsuccessful. then again, i havent been looking really hard either. me and doc have been shooting ideas about baffling my tank and trying to come up with a diagram, but not sure yet. he will be doing the welding (very experinced) and doing it where i work. they have all the best miller welders they offer, most cost more than most stuff i have.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
i am thinking i have to go to a twin cobra pump with modified fpdm, and BAP. i am looking for roughly 650 at the wheels. according to kingchronic, the twin cobras wont support that. i have seen them do it, and i have another scource that is helping me out a little bit sayin they will. i am thinking about baffling my own tank for this. i cant really tell whats up with the inside of the cobra tank.
curious,why not run twin gt pumps? not that much more $$.and should support just about all the fuel you need

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
twin gt pumps will push almost anything up to aroung 900rwhp. i dont need anything that damn big, i am looking to make that 600-650 on race gas. pump gas right at the 575 mark or so.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the figures for an aviator pump, i would be pushing it really hard. i was thinking about maybe trying a single GT pump, but still kind of getting up there induty cycle.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
When I removed the pprv in the dual cobra setup I lower my fp duty cycle by over 6%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts