Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures are tinted cause I hate the color of this car, but its the only 03 Cobra my dealership had. Now that Ive got more people looking at this post for a change, I need small help on a few minor problems. Ive concluded that the battery icon and hard starting as well as light dimming are a result of a bad alternator...that Im taking care of. But I have idling issues that are now going beyond a wobbly idle. When I start it and drive and then cost to a stop the car almost always stalls now cause the idle just drops too low unless a catch it in time and give it a rev. The rest of the time the idle sticks at 1200 on a dead stop before dropping...almost like the computer has forgotten where the car is supposed to idle. Im thinking this is a problem with either the IAC, the air filter or something else related to the air assembly. Its got 56K Miles on it and sorry to say it still has the stock air filter...Am I right about this? What can I spray to clean these parts and where do i spray it? Thanks

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
nice pictures besides the red tint

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Pictures are tinted cause I hate the color of this car, but its the only 03 Cobra my dealership had. Now that Ive got more people looking at this post for a change, I need small help on a few minor problems. Ive concluded that the battery icon and hard starting as well as light dimming are a result of a bad alternator...that Im taking care of. But I have idling issues that are now going beyond a wobbly idle. When I start it and drive and then cost to a stop the car almost always stalls now cause the idle just drops too low unless a catch it in time and give it a rev. The rest of the time the idle sticks at 1200 on a dead stop before dropping...almost like the computer has forgotten where the car is supposed to idle. Im thinking this is a problem with either the IAC, the air filter or something else related to the air assembly. Its got 56K Miles on it and sorry to say it still has the stock air filter...Am I right about this? What can I spray to clean these parts and where do i spray it? Thanks

Doubt its the air filter but sure clean it out just spray it out with air, or buy another one or buy a K&N or w/e

IAC could be it or it could be the TPS (throttle position sensor) or it could be a fuel filter doubt its clogged at 56k but always start with the simple things ive been told.

Is it throwing any codes?

Also they red tint is gay im sure the car cant be that bad besides its a cobra...

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
you bought a car that you hate the color of? Your kind of retarded I think. What color is it?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
^Anyways lol

But it is a Termi; nice ride.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
No such thing as a bad factory color on a Cobra. :no:

Have you checked all the vaccuum lines?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
yea im gunna have to +1 on the "your retarded" and the "no such thing as a bad factory color on a cobra"

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that's the other thing I thought it could be, the tps. Should I just buy a new tps or iac? Could I use the same gummout stuff I use in the throttle body to clean the iac?

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
try cleaning your IAC and EGR first...from the sounds of it I don't think it would be a TPS, but grab a multimeter and test it out.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Since the filter is stock, I'm going to assume the rest of the car is stock. Am I right? Or has this car been dyno tuned at any point that you know of?

And whats the color?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I'll take a look tomorrow I just have to get another can. As for codes i'm only dealing with a battery icon and dimming lights as well as hard starting but that I'm pretty sure is related to the alternator. But the funny idle and the stalling is definately from that air assembly one more thing should I remove that little gasket before I spray the iac?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
/suscribe b/c I want to know the effing color!

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
since you hate the color so much trade me......besides i have more power than your termi.. :)
My guess is the color is probably the same as yours. Either it's gray or red. It's obviousely a dark color, and nobody doesn't like black so that can't be it :D

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i dunno...i want to see the car without the tint.....makes no sense to buy a termi and you don't like the color.....???

·
Registered
627 Posts
When I bought my Cobra I had a similar problem, and not the color. I took it to the dealer and they said that it needed an update flashed onto the ecu. Mine would idle low and rough, and sometimes cut off when taken out of gear rolling to a stop light. I haven't had the problem since. What color is the car????

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a true blue cobra, i didnt like it when i first walked up to the car in the bright sun, but it really grew on me. I always wanted a black cobra. I would never think of buying a mystichrome one(but thats just me), but like everyone said there really isnt a bad cobra color.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
i have a true blue cobra, i didnt like it when i first walked up to the car in the bright sun, but it really grew on me. I always wanted a black cobra. I would never think of buying a mystichrome one(but thats just me), but like everyone said there really isnt a bad cobra color.
:confused:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts