Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just bought this setup this evening. It's a V2 unit with the charge cooler, 39# injectors, MAFia, and piping. Could you Vortech guys tell me what else I am going to need based on these pics?
1 - I know I need a heat exchanger, but should I buy the standard one or the upgraded one for $450 from Brenspeed?
2 - I need new plugs, think I'm gonna buy the Brisk.
3 - BAP or fuel pump? What to do? GT500 or Saleen or Ford GT?
4 - IAT relocation kit.

Also, it has the 3.6 pulley installed on the blower already, is that the 10 pound pulley? And do I need to run this pulley to use the MAFia?

What all am I going to need? I have not researched the Vortech much as I was planning on a Whipple but I could not pass on the deal that I got. Also, do you have any V2 guys have advice for tapping my oil pan? I'll be doing everything myself except for the tuning. Thanks

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Youtube videos on tapping the oil pan.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i run the twin gt500 setup with the zone 5 mdm, works good with that setup, and as far as the heat exchanger, the standard one should be fine with 10 psi on it. and congrats on the deal!! im a v3 guy myself

·
Registered
116 Posts
oh fyi, bama doesnt do supercharger tunes, so i would look into an brenspeed tune

·
Registered
244 Posts
COOL!

Now you just need an air to air heat exchanger :)

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Tapping the oil pan? That isnt self contained? I havent seen a centri that you had to tap the pan in a long time....

BTW_ Anything over 6psi your going to need a bypass valve...

·
Registered
374 Posts
congrats on the buy, seeing as its the same blower i have youll probably need a 3.33 pulley to make 10 psi most people on the 3.6 are making 7-8, but a boost pipe could change that, idk how much the 3v kits need one though. Go ahead and pick up a vortech mini race bypass valve the ones that come with most kits just down right suck!

oh yeah that looks like the air to water after cooler you got there that thing works great!

·
Registered
244 Posts
V3 is the only vortech that you dont have to tap the oil pan. Its not a big deal really.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would assume you have the 10lb pulley since you have the charge cooler and if you are only running the 10lb pulley a BAP would get you by. and as far as the heat exchanger I would run the bigger AFCO one. Just one less thing to by later on when you are craving more power. I will look on my pulley at home to see what size it is and let you know.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
then join the crew

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It won't be long before I do....I hope. This purchase tapped me out so it may be a month before I buy all of the supporting mods I need. It's going to be hard looking at this thing in my bedroom floor every night though

·
Registered
745 Posts
So I think I need a pump for the coolant for the heat exchanger and Power Cooler, right? If so, what I can buy for that?
03-04 cobra pump or get one from vortech....Also I did some research and found the 3.6" pulley to be listed as a 10lb pulley. I seen in another post that some one noted that you will need a bypass valve....You should not forget that piece either.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats man, you will enjoy it. i have the v3, i dont know if there is a difference when it comes to yours and mine but something i really dont like and havent seen mentioned is a spacer for where coolant enters the top of the engine, at the thermostat. and a short piece of L shaped pipe for your coolant hose, by the pulley

The clearance was so bad for the pulley i took it off and hit it lightly with a hammer to make a flat spot just for extra comfort. ill try to get a pic up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts