Steeda Adj. Clutch cable + Clutch quadrant
Billet firewall cable adjuster
MGW Short Shifter
Clutch Freeplay Kit
Royal Purple sychromax fluid
ARP Ultra Torque Lube + Blue threadlocker
Metal Plate for between the engine and tranny
VHT 2000 degree paint

All thats left now is to put it all back together but im having troubles getting the input shaft on the tranny to clear the new clutch forks when trying to put the tranny back on, so far trying to tilt the jack and have the back end of the tranny hang down lower then the front hasnt worked so il get back at it tomorrow and try to get that huge tranny back on without damaging the new clutch forks.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
if i painted it it would have just been black

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to paint it so it wont rust like the old one. orange was the only color the store had that was a very high temp paint to withstand up to 2000 degrees. Not like anyone is gonna see it i just wanted to protect it from rust figured it couldnt hurt.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is there a reason to paint the X pipe?
I'm diggin' that red x-pipe {{{{an idea formulates in my mind........

Keep being patient with that tranny installation. I think I forced my transmission in and did not use a trans jack and I have a low RPM vibe, in neutral and all gears - I think it must be my trans input shaft, but I have learned to live with it.

OP: Hey you got any more pics??

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ended up getting the input shaft over the new pressure plate forks but now i cant get it close enough to the engine to bolt it back on, i got maybe a 1/4 inch left inbetween the tranny and the engine but for the life of me i cant get it all the way on the engine to bolt it on.

Yeah il post some more pics tonight whenever i get the tranny on or call it a night and wrestle with it tomorrow

·
Registered
387 Posts
You have gotten this far, no doubt you will figure it out.

Oh, and one thing I read, that trans mount only goes one way.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
On the trans mount it has a R and a L, is the R passenger side and the L driver side? Or wait this is the crossmember is that your talking zdkel about the trans mount only going one way?

Also does this look correct? i havent installed the firewall adjuster yet but the end of the adjustable clutch cable is out so far that i think il install the firewall adjuster tomorrow because the nut and the locking nut is at the end of the threads. Unless this isnt right and i did something wrong

when i press the clutch peddle it has about an inch of really loose slack then it has pressure untill it hits the floor

·
Registered
387 Posts
so no more adjustment on the quadrant??

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The clutch quadrant was only a single hook so i couldnt adjust it there but i just installed the billet firewall adjuster today and started putting everything back together. Now the cable adjustment at the clutch fork is more even thanks to the firewall adjuster but then i realized i need a clutch freeplay kit so tomorrow im gonna head to home depot and get the parts for the homeade kit then all i gotta do is put that on bolt on the exhaust fill the tranny and wait for my MGW shifter or just put my old one back on to go for a test drive.

Heres some update pics:

Even put in the 3rd starter bolt in 15 minutes woot

Nothing like a dirty as$ shot lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres the parts i found at home depot for the homeade clutch freeplay kit. 3/4x1/2 male pvc adapter and a box of compression springs 7/8"x4"x.08 safe work load 24.80 lbs so hopefully these will do im gonna put em on and test it out tomorrow if it isnt raining all day like today.

Reactions: zdkel
1 - 12 of 12 Posts