Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long long story so i won't get in details but last week my passenger side rear brake line get cut bay a saw it's the 'hard line' that runs along the lower control arm so we patched it up with a peace of rubber hose and clamps it stopped liking but today i was driving and the paddle went all the way to the floor and felt soft turned out it was almost empty on fluid

so my question is is there a "right way" to fix it or get a new one ? :eek:hsnap

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
holy cow! ..get it... ..cow.... ur gonna get urself killed, get a new one bro

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
the right way is to get a new line bro that patching crap is not going to work since its under pressure when you press the breaks... plus its dangerous to do what you did imagine you try to break while on the high way at higher speeds and the **** doesnt break.... or going down a hill or mountain your screwed because the emergency break will only help you out so much.... get one from a junk yard just make sure its not pinched or leaking it shouldnt cost that much

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
yes danny if ur break give out while ur goin down a mountain u would b screwed. i mean who doesnt take their mustang down a mountain on a daily basis? XD

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
im not sure what line your talking about? I dont have any brake lines on my control arms, the only thing there are the ebrake cables. do you have a pic?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Does anyone notice how happy pitbull always is? That cat has a smooth attitude.

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not sure what line your talking about? I dont have any brake lines on my control arms, the only thing there are the ebrake cables. do you have a pic?
it's night time and cold&wet outside also my car slammed low so taking pictures would be a
PITA the line im talking about is a hard line next to the lower control arm not on it

BTW dannyboy what's up

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
gotta ask.... Whats up with that cow?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
johny is a UTTERly confused little man

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Your best bet would be to get a compression fitting and add a pc of hardline or get a bulk pc of hard line and mak a new one the length of the car. If you do that, dont forget to double flare the ends

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
lol i did notice how pitt is so gittery all the time.. hes like one of them little crack monkeys or something

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
yes danny if ur break give out while ur goin down a mountain u would b screwed. i mean who doesnt take their mustang down a mountain on a daily basis? XD
I live in El Paso, Pitt and many of us actually do go down and up through the mountain on a daily basis to get across town thats why i stated it... i was just trying to make a point that its dangerous to drive with a brake line that was repaired that way i any driving condition... i think you need your fix Pitt since your smoking that good **** a little too much and you need to hit it again to set you straight haha just messing with you :D

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gotta ask.... Whats up with that cow?
ok i keep getting asked this question so ima tell u all
it may sound stupid i call every hot chick a fat cow so i can say ur my cow now i want to milk you, there was was this one girl at work her last name was DRAGON so i called her my dragon and sometimes say im want to slay the dragon we started going out so im known at work as "the dragon slayer":exactly

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Johnny your insane i dont know how good that cow line is going to work for you and the ladies bro haha

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hold up, your brake line got cut by a saw?? why ya got saws underneath your car?
had a local shop instill rear lower control arms the passenger side exhaust hanger was in the
way the guy said he would have to cut it to remove the bolt holding the stock control arm i told him go ahead the saw slipped and nicked the hard line the shop manager was cool he told me he would repair or replace the line said to bring it by tomorrow

would air in the lines also make the paddle soft?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yes air in the lines would give you a soft pedal. Once the shop fixes/replaces the line and bleeds the brakes you should have a normal pedal feel again

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
op, looking at your sig, you can ditch those quads now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts