Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine got a new Pioneer head unit and gave me his old one. Well, I went to hook up the old one and it doesn't power on. No lights, no clock, no radio, nothing. So I put the yellow wire to the red and it works fine. Just went I turn the car off and back on, the radio resets. I would have to redo my settings, clock, and presets. What would be the problem? The head unit worked fine in his vehicle.

Also, When I put the yellow and red wire together it works. Okay, so I put the red back to red and yellow back to yellow and it quit working. Only works when I have red and yellow together.

Thanks!

Edited: One more thing. When I have the Pioneer Remote next to the head unit, the head unit starts freaking out and changing channels without me touching the remote.

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Check your harness in the car? Make sure you have constant and switched/ignition.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Sounds like the memory fuse is blown. Depending on the year, it most likely is in the underhood fuse box.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the fuses. Fuses are fine. I think the harness is bad. So I bought new harness. Just waiting for them to be shipped.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, still having problems. New harness and radio. Still doesn't work unless I have the red to yellow. What else could be wrong? Fuses are fine. I don't know what else.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Check for constant power across the yellow tire to ground with a volt meter. I would also make sure none of the pins of the harness are being pushed out when installing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts