Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok iwhen i put my custom H pipe in i didn't weld it in i just used clamps. well over time these wore out and the H pipe come apart. the car got real loud like it was running open headers. so today i have spent the last 2 hours welding the h pipe up so that it is super tight. now the car is quieter. (of coarse) but it seems as if the exhaust is really restrictive now. it seems like the car is much slower than it was with the H pipe open. i have 2 1/4 inch pipe . could this size pipe be restrictive? would it be better for me (performance wise) to run the open H pipe or cut outs? or does it just seem slower cause it is quieter?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i have 2 1/4 inch pipe . could this size pipe be restrictive? would it be better for me (performance wise) to run the open H pipe or cut outs? or does it just seem slower cause it is quieter?
Yes and No... open headers can cause the valves to get worn and burnt, if i remember correctly

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so open headers is faster but harder on your car?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
open headers you will bog like mad off the line, you piping should be fine, did you get a really ugly weld that could have clogged some of the pipe?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you get a really ugly weld that could have clogged some of the pipe?
i shouldn't have all the piping overlapped i just had to get it so it wouldn't blow apart like it did three times before

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i think it is just in your head, just because it is Quieter your mind thinks it is slower.

i know from having run open header that they slow you down because you have no low end tq.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ight well i wasn't sure i thought maybe it was just my head but wasn't sure. thanks:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts