Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres the deal, im finally getting my exhaust:D yay!!!!! Im getting it custum made, but the only problem is that my guy will be using 2" piping.....is that ok?!?!?! he told me that a dual 2" setup flow as well as a single 3".

Any feedback will be apreciated...

Ok and the setup is BBK Chrome shorty headers or Mac LT's(not decided yet), custom H-Pipe with 2 magnaflow high flow cats that leads to maghaflow mufflers and twin 3" magnaflow chrome tips on the side of the car!!!!!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
go to a different guy, he is a dumbasss, 3in will flow much better than 2in, but you will loose to much back pressure, you dont need that much flow, 2.25in piping is optimal for your set up

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
here is a reference foe pipe size dual vs. single for diferenf hp levils

Reactions: El_Cangri

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ok guys heres the deal, im finally getting my exhaust:D yay!!!!! Im getting it custum made, but the only problem is that my guy will be using 2" piping.....is that ok?!?!?! he told me that a dual 2" setup flow as well as a single 3".

Any feedback will be apreciated...

Ok and the setup is BBK Chrome shorty headers or Mac LT's(not decided yet), custom H-Pipe with 2 magnaflow high flow cats that leads to maghaflow mufflers and twin 3" magnaflow chrome tips on the side of the car!!!!!
Go with LTs if you dont need to worry about emissions.....if yur gonna go through the trouble of changing headers, might as well get the most out of them. Are you trying to make your own side exhaust? If you dont already know....you cant just use any regular muffler. The inlet and outlet MUST be on the same side so the outlet pipe can make its way to the side of the car. Oh and Borla side exhaust mufflers are the best, if you wanna drop 700 for the kit. Just an FYI.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Go with LTs if you dont need to worry about emissions.....if yur gonna go through the trouble of changing headers, might as well get the most out of them. Are you trying to make your own side exhaust? If you dont already know....you cant just use any regular muffler. The inlet and outlet MUST be on the same side so the outlet pipe can make its way to the side of the car. Oh and Borla side exhaust mufflers are the best, if you wanna drop 700 for the kit. Just an FYI.
Explain.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Borla makes the best side exhaust kit for the 99-04 mustang. I dont have numbers to prove it.....just go into the V8 sections and everyone prefers the Borla system over the Roush, bassani, and Dynomax kit.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
I dont know about that chart.... I have dual 2.5 on my v6 and I am doing just fine
me to that chart is a reference what are you supposed to do if you have a 4.2l or 4.3l pushing 500-600 rwhp.
And I got 2.5 instead of 2.25 because it will support more power when I get more mods, as apposed to seeing a little bit bigger gain now.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Borla makes the best side exhaust kit for the 99-04 mustang. I dont have numbers to prove it.....just go into the V8 sections and everyone prefers the Borla system over the Roush, bassani, and Dynomax kit.

this is a V6 not a V8.....

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so then do i go 2.25" or 2.5"...isnt the biger the more back presure i loose?!?!?!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
so then do i go 2.25" or 2.5"...isnt the biger the more back presure i loose?!?!?!
2.25 is all you need till you hit big power

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
2.25 is fine
if you go supercharged than a 2.5 would be better

now if you want sound
a 2.5 will sound marginally better than a 2.25

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I dont know about that chart.... I have dual 2.5 on my v6 and I am doing just fine
Your wal-mart built it 2005 v6 mustang doesn't count. we're talking real not 1/8th scale.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
thats the original roush side exhuast kit. they use magna flow over all the others due to its ability to flow better but doesn't sound as nice. better than spinetech though haha
anyways i'll get you a link after class

1 - 17 of 17 Posts