Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my question is to anyone and eveyone that wants to chime in; is it possible to put a pistol grip shifter into a 5 speed mustang? I know its a dodge part but I wouldn't see it being that hard since all it is is a bent pice of metal and some cheap wood. If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated cause I really want to do this if it is possible. :)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yes, you can put a Pistol grip shift on our cars. They make them in all shapes and sizes. You need to know the diameter and thread count of your lever to make it work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not all threads on shifters line up. I broke my knob and tried to use an old 67's and it didnt fit. So b sure it's for ur year model b4 u buy it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone. :) I know what I'm doing once I get the exhaust installed. And a golden Schlong you say I was thinking more along the lines of steel so it can be used as a anti theft device also..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol but at that point it would only make sense to get a 'pink' shifter sock haha
Lol well why your down their might as well go for it.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Lol well why your down their might as well go for it.
i'm not gonna be that guy who jams up my sig with a quote, but, seriously, you just set yourself up badly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts