Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for friend 160k mile stock shortblock how much hp will they hold stock underboost? what are good aftermarket pistons rods?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
As far as I know you'll break the block before the pistons and rods

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
no...way off. rods and pistons would be toast way before the block.

stock shortblock is good for roughly 400-450rwhp and the general consensus is to limit yourself to the 400ish area on stock shortblock.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
please google search. this is asked weekly

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I am pushrod....don't be a dick its a simple question

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I said please...

not being a dick...I always google search things. I was actually helping bc then you have a lot more info out there then just one site..

good looking engine in your pic!

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Depends on tune and mods but usually around 420rwhp

For example, an efficient motor can run this power much more safer then a stock motor with a blower slapped on it.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Most of the tuners I've talked to say 380 rwhp for a daily driver. General consensus on the forum says 10-11 psi and 400 rwhp. With cams that goes up to around 430-450 rwhp. Members have reported blowing up their motors at 413 rwhp (13 psi) and 430 (14 psi) trying to get there on boost alone. If the motor is in good shape it should hold up if the owner doesn't get greedy and push it too far.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Oh sorry guys I saw who asked it and in my auto guide app under recent posts and didn't see what section it was in. In that case don't listen to me

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I said please...

not being a dick...I always google search things. I was actually helping bc then you have a lot more info out there then just one site..

good looking engine in your pic!
Thank u I was just pissed over otherstuff lastnite.. but thank u on the compliment. Ill google it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts