Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
stock, your car has 11cc dish pistons. going to a flat top piston would actually raise your compression. that's not what you want to do if you plan on a blower. the dish size on the piston will correspond to the type of FI you're going with and also with the amount of boost. best thing to do is call a shop that sells them and tell them what the plans for your build are. be specific in terms of what type of power adder and how much HP/ boost you're shooting for. example: i called up Sean Hyland Motorsport and told them what i was planning on doing: centri blower, making around 500rwhp, and they recommended 17cc dish...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks...i cant decide if i wanna TT or kenne bell it..either way im redoin my whole motor with all forged bottom end, PI heads (port & polish) with honeycomb valve springs and stage 3 cams with adjustable cam gears, and boring .30 over w/ nitrous...i'm leaning more towards the TT cause there is too many S/C mustangs out there.

by the way your exhaust sounds really good...i got flowmaster cat back with an offroad x pipe and long tubes on the way

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
if you have the money TT setup would be the way to go for a faster car. but a KB is also great for a good street car, and it makes boost almost instantly. but like 00vabchgt said the best way to determine what will work best for your setup is to talk to a engine shop. what piston you use depends on what compression you run and heads you use etc. i would recomend MMR for your build.

Modular Mustang Racing

·
Registered
187 Posts
tlr your car sounds really similar to mine lol. its gotta be the magnapacks. how do you like the 1pc projectors? i cracked my corner light on my clears so im thinking of going with those. did you use the hid conversion? is it noticable diffrence in the beam length?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts