Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
So many mods, so little $
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have these crappy looking stock wheels on my GT and I don't have the funds to purchase the Saleen's I want. I've done a little research and plastidip seems like an easy way to give my boring wheels a makeover. And from my understanding there is a glossifer available now for Plasti. Anyone out there have any experience with the stuff?

The current wheels (Old pic but you get the gist):

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I don't know why you think the Starfishes are ugly, I love those wheels.

Yes, I have used it. Not hard to use, make sure that you put alot of coats on it though since it will be easier to take off down the road. Here is a pic of mine when I had mine dipped, shitty job though since kids in my school always ****ed with them.

Also, how cold is it there? I wouldn't be spraying anything if it's as cold there as it is here. Nothing will stick.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Man I have been down this road. Take your time and know that if it starts to peel its going to drive you insane. It hides curbrash well. Go for it, just take your time and do many coats.

·
So many mods, so little $
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know why you think the Starfishes are ugly, I love those wheels.

Yes, I have used it. Not hard to use, make sure that you put alot of coats on it though since it will be easier to take off down the road. Here is a pic of mine when I had mine dipped, shitty job though since kids in my school always ****ed with them.

Also, how cold is it there? I wouldn't be spraying anything if it's as cold there as it is here. Nothing will stick.
It might be a while until I get to this project, if I decide to do it that is lol. It isn't too bad during the day probably in the mid 40's usually

·
Registered
47 Posts
do it its not hard to do and if you decided you don't like it you can always take it off. I have had a lot of luck with it but like everyone else is saying use plenty of coats

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
It might be a while until I get to this project, if I decide to do it that is lol. It isn't too bad during the day probably in the mid 40's usually
Personally, I would wait until it warms up to start spraying. Make sure you put enough coats on them, mine was a pain in the ass to take off since I didn't put the coats on thick enough.

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Plastidip-

Not Plastidip-

I love that stuff. I use it in the winter. I dont have to touch my rims all winter long, with all the salt on the roads, snow, and slush, and my chrome hasn't rusted or pitted up yet! I use 3 full cans to do the outsides of my rims. I haven't done the insides though I should. As long as you put it on thick enough it will peel right off. all you need is a tooth pick to pick the hole in it

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just plastic dipped my spoiler just for the heck of it like an hour ago... There was is snow on the ground and it seemed to work just fine. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have a set of stockers like the OP. 1 set in satin alum and 1 chrome. Dipped 6 wheels so I could switch out my DRs with the street tires and they would match the fronts. Looks awesome and look at the money I saved from buying new wheels. Also wanted to try out black wheels on my silver car and this allowed that with minimal cost. ITs cold out, but spray them in the basement and you will be fine. I dont care what anyone says I sprayed 1 thick coat and it worked the best. Waiting in between coats just orange peeled and looked like ****. Atleast 1 cat per wheel no less. Peels of easier if its thicker.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
The wheels will still be ugly, they will just be black and ugly instead.

Save your $5 per can and get some decent wheels.

·
Registered
808 Posts
To each their own. I spend my money on go fast parts. Wheels are wheels.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It will cheapen the look of the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts