Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Runt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to dip my car pretty soon! From what I found dip your car is the most popular distributor, but I called them and they said it could take up to 5 weeks to get the dip!!! cause they're running out or something...

So I found this site and I was wondering if anyone have tried them out yet...

Dippedcars.com

They look legit and say they ship in 24 hours which means I would get product in a week or so which is awesome. Just looking for some reviews. Thanks!

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
I dipped my cowl hood until I had time to paint it. Took two cans and took two hours to peel. You have to use heavy ass coats for it to peel easy. Don't dip you car. Waste of money and looks retarded.

Here's a 2011+ plasti dipped

·
Registered
480 Posts
I dipped mine and it turned out pretty good.

edit: dont know how to add photos without using an image hosting site. Any advise to do it from the cpu?

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
I really like those 3M wraps so I guess I'd be a fan of Plastidipping.

I prefer a wrap 1000% more than the cheap route. Plastidipping is ok in small areas...like maybe wheels or spoiler..decklid. Hood scoop maybe.

·
Registered
370 Posts
not sure if i would like the whole care dipped...but its really cool stuff. i dipped my back decklid and all my emblems. you can actually get it from lowes or home depot

·
Registered
370 Posts
damn, kept the GT clean :eek:

nice job
thanks...but no credit to me really... the stuff is really easy to work with. it peels right off. i just went around the edge with a razor blade and the peeled it right up. took 30 min including dry time to do the whole decklid, about another 30 min for all the other emblems.

·
Registered
370 Posts
just gotta black out or switch out those tail lights ;)
yep, thats next. cant decide if i want to use VHT Night shades or just order some smoked lenses. think im gonna try the VHT first and if i mess it up. i'll order some then. lol

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/284447-operation-dip-pony-white.html

My experience with it wasn't bad. Just make sure to get at least 4 gallons and don't use their POS gun.

And look over the car 2 or 3.. or 25 times for and tiny spaces or cracks where you don't want dip so you you can mask them adequately. I did the minimal amount of masking, and every day I look at places and just think "One day I'm gonna want to peel this and go back to red, and i'll never get this **** out of these spaces."

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ok. So finally got around to getting the photos uploaded to PB. But heres what the front end looked like before

The Driver side door was Red and quarter was primered dont have a pic of that. But I was tired of it looking like a clown car so I Dipped it.

Sorry for the grainy cell pic

So far held up through Hurricane Katrina and multiple snows up here in PA. I would put it in the garage but thats where the wifes 00 sits. She whines if her car has to sit outside even in good weather. She done like getting into a cold or hot car.

·
What Camaro??
50 Posts
I don`t like plasti Dip.... it`s okay for some little area on the car (Spiler, hood, whatever) but not the entire car... it`s just look if the car was rattle canned loll ;)

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I'd just vinyl wrap it with some friends. It'll be a little more difficult, but will look WAYYY better. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts