Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya I know another plasti dip thread oh god. Well it's not a what is plasti dip so it's all good. My question is how do you apply your plasti dip in a back and forth heavy motion to put Alot on so it peels off easy? Or do you follow the shape of the rim I have the 5 spoke saleen rims. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just spray it on following contours so you get it somewhat even.. And spray it thick. I used one can per wheel and wish I had put more on. Spray it ALL AT ONCE. If you try to spray it like you would paint you will understand what I mean. It orange peels if you spray it in coats. Its real damn hard to make this stuff run.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
i only push the trigger when im moving. so when i go right i push the button, let off, the push again when i go left. i see some people just hold the damn paint trigger and it looks like **** when theyre done. mine came out pretty even. not the best pic but u get the idea.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So really thick coats I prefer to spend less than 20 that would equate to about 2-3 cans lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
I did 4 coats with 10 minutes in between them. Each coat I probably went back and forth 5 or 6 times. Idk. Used almost 1 can per wheel. 5 months later and they look the same as the day I sprayed them.

Edit: Like siko said, definitely don't just hold it down the whole time.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
thanks bro. i waited about 5 min between coats. i was drunk when i did mine too so if a drunk guy can do it you can do it. lol. a little goes a long way, i did it once with about 4 coats, didnt like it so i peeled it off and did it again with 5 coats. then did the side reflectors on the bumper. can still feels just as heavy as a brand new can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts