Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beat up S4 Plastidip

This car has over 200K miles, on its original paint (cared for by a detailer himself), and was on its last leg. That many miles in just 12 years, paint is going to show some signs of aging and wear and tear. Ended up taking just over 3 hours all said and done on this one…pretty cool change, but a LOT of clean up when you cut corners. We had seen lots of prep done, and no prep done and fantastic results from both ways…from now on, I’d rather prep!

Here you go! From Silver to gun metal grey!

Easy to tear off when its applied correctly (thick)

Afters

Fun little project in the end! I highly recommend you put down a sheet under the car to catch the overspray, and mask off anything you don’t want dipped. Otherwise, it will take longer to remove than it would be to prep!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know right...instead of a matte wrap, or repaint, PLASTIDIP!

best part, it comes off relatively easy and only needs a light polishing afterward vs the potential for lots of adhesive left over after a wrap job!!!

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
yeah i love plastidip, you see a lot of dipped cars in the tuner scene
I dipped my old bullitts, loved how easy it was, the look, everything, price, everything was awesome lol
I don't know why a lot of people hate on it, imo its a revolutionary product
I've never removed a wrap job but that would be such a pita if it left the entire car full of residue etc

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Wow thats really cool! Fun alternative to repainting a high mileage car

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
exactly! 1000 on a crappy macco job, or a 200 plastidip where you can change the color as often as you want for just 100 each time (after you buy the sprayer)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If you take the time to do it right it turns out good and smooth like vinyl. My friend did it to his wheels and it felt like sandpaper.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Interesting... To say the least. Mustangs require more sexiness but a plasti dipped Audi is fine in my book

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I am not a big advocate of PD but in this instance it was awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts