Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 95 mustang v6 3.8 liter and the coolant temperature gauge would work and white smoke comes out the exhaust like crazy. I replaced the temperature sending unit but the white smoke still is going crazy when car revs up or drives and will remain in idle just crazy amounts. The temperature never really reaches hot and just stays mostly in the middle. But the coolant is old and kinda a gold and brown color.
Background: the car had been sitting for about maybe 4-7 years.
please help me figure what it is could it be a head gasket? The smoke make huge clouds kinda thick But the temperature never reaches hot I pulled the dipstick but there doesn’t seem to be coolant in the oil and I looked at the valves through oil fill cap and doesn’t really seem to be coolant there but does kinda match the brown goldfish color of the coolant what could it be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a real struggle for me. At my current point, I google the problem and then just throw parts from possible solutions at it until it's resolved. I'm really sick of doing it this way and I'd like to get better at diagnosing or learn how to develop a more structured approach Showbox to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts