Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need ya'lls help , im a fellow mustang lover so show me some love.

I need to replace a waterpump, (what all will I need)
-waterpump
-gasket
-o-ring
-water pump pulley?

I need to replace a Radiator, (what all will i need)
-Radiator
-possibily new upper/lower hoses
-anything else?
p.s Also if i unplug the bottom radiator hose and drain it, and then run water through it and it comes out the bottom does that mean the radiator hose works?.. (Anyway to test it).

And the cooling fan in the front behind the radiator
-Cooling fan shroud assembly? (do most of these come with motors?)
-Anything Else

Any link to the parts would b INSANELY appreciated, please help a fellow mustang brother out and help put a stop to mechanics ripping ppl off!!.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
that all sounds about right as far as i know and chek summit for everything you need they sell oem stuff and performance stuff for a decent price

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
the cooling fan ass. comes with everythhing. fans, fan motors, shroud easy plug n play...

I would go ahead n buy new upper n lower rad hoses along with the new radi.

you dont need a new water pump pully just use the old one that your replacing it with...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet thanks a million, is there anyway for me to test the radiator to see if its working before i take it out and replace.

if not no biggy i rather have a nice new aluminum one anyway and i found one for like 120 bucks.

also when i tried to hot wire the fan, the fan like barely made a turn, like a half inch of a turn, so that would b the motor shot right?

imma b pissed of i replace it and the damn ccrm is bad instead.

if that happens i might just see if my homeboy at the audio shop can just run me a toggle switch to the fan and give me a high/low speed and an xtra lil switch in the car. ( I love switchs n gadgets :D).

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
umm if the car was running when you got it and not overheating then prolly not why do you need to change the radiator anyways if your car is overheating chek your thermostat radiators dont really stop working unless they leak usually its just the fan if your having fan trouble chek the fuses there are a few that go to the fan motor i think and if not the fuses then you just need a new fan at but im not a pro just tryin to help wanna make that clear

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
and what kinda stang year make model you kno ill try nd find the stuff i got a lot of time to blow during the day lol

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
well if your car is over heating turn your AC on to see if the fans click on if not its the fans, or the fuse, or the Relay Control module. n if the fans do click on try a new thurmistat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts