Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have about 1200 dollars to spend. I have a CAI, SCT livewire tuner, X-pipe, slp loudmouths. I i have no idea what i want to spend this money on..I like body mods but would rather have performance. I was thinking shaker hood scoops but reviews said there wasnt much power boost. So i was thinking cams, headers, pulleys, mac pro-chamber (cause i love the sound :) ) that stuff for performance. Look wise i was thinking halo lights, louvers, stuff like that. I jsut need ideas on how to maximize performance for that amount of money as well as get the best bang for my buck, whether it be performance or looks or both. So please help me! iam so indecisive!

·
Registered
482 Posts
ill be the first to say.... Gears. i have 3.73 with my auto but if you have a manual people will tell you 4.10s all day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is one of my options. but i would still have a lot of money lfet over since they are only 200 dollars or so. Mines a stick by the way

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Will you be installing gears? If not, say more like 500 installed.

Suspension or tires are always a good idea.

Cams + Gears installed, if you do it right ,could be about 1200 bucks. Best bang for your buck IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iam pretty sure i can do cams and gears by myself. i have a buddy he does all kinds of stuff me and him could do it. so is cams and gear the best i can get? performance wise..

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
If you wanna stay NA there are other things but its alot of small stuff to build up.

Im saving up all my cash for a Turbo in February, 5 grand.

1200 is a good start. Maybe you should go Big first, then upgrade the small stuff later.

If you want more power there are : UDP's, Cams, Gears, SpyderShaft, Nitrous,Heads. For N/A applications.

To put your current power better to the ground you can do

Suspension(panhand, sway,lca's , etc) - Tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont want to add nitrous just because of the increased wear and tear it comes with. Are shorty headers worth it? i have already replaced my mid-pipe once and dont want to have to do it again with long tubes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and i forgot i want side pipes, but the only kit i found is cervanis for like 1200...is there any others?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
I dont want to add nitrous just because of the increased wear and tear it comes with. Are shorty headers worth it? i have already replaced my mid-pipe once and dont want to have to do it again with long tubes.
Nitrous, if tuned well enough, shouldnt wear and tear as much as normal usage would. Shorty headers are honestly, IMO, not worth it.

LT's are the way to go, and you can always cut back a little on the midpipe.

Oh and i forgot i want side pipes, but the only kit i found is cervanis for like 1200...is there any others?
I think blow by racing or something along those lines makes a single pipe, instead of dual. It is suppose to be less restrictive compared to Cervini as well.

You can always fab your own too.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what do you guys think of the shaker hood system? is ti worth it? any decent gains?

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money on it. talk to Rich from RadMustangs...he's a vendor on here and he has good prices.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
lols. hahahaha i was going to type something and then laughed out super loud at your sig.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
You don't like my motorcar? :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so shaker is out. so now iam thinking cam and gears. good combo?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well fi whenever i get the money but it will be awhile so n/a. i love the way cams make a mustang sound. not too many people around here have cammed msutangs and i would love to be one of the first in my area. iam VERY unfamiliar with this area of the the engine though

1 - 20 of 39 Posts