Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just did a manual tranny swap into my 03 mustang gt I received a 01 tranny and ecu we did the swap and went to then the car over and it turns over but won't start and theft light is blinking! What do I do!?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
did you simply just swap the computer? i dont think that can be done without some kind of modification to the tune

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i dont know what exactly needs to be done so hopefully someone with more info will post but you have probably enabled pats by just plugging in another ecu.

·
Registered
105 Posts
like the others said its your pats system, only thing i can think of would be to have the car tuned where they could turn the pats off so it will start. did a v8 swap in my 01 v6 and ran into the same issue when swapping computers

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
You have 2 options
1. Tow Car to Ford dealer and have them pair your ECM and your theft system which part of it is located in your dash cluster.

2. Get ahold of a Tuner and have them disable the PATS sytem and whatever else they do to mate everything up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
^^ +1

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
No you dont have any issues to worry about. Read my post up above that is what you are going to have to do in order to get her running.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah keep the Auto computer and just have it tuned, no need to swap computers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts