Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need a quick favor.

My stang got fixed after an accident and now the Door Panels touch the seats, not only that but they dont line up with the dash because they stick in further than the dash...

My insurance company and the body shop both say thats just the way it is, but im out of the country right now and dont have any examples to say... "no you fu(k!ng crooks ford never made a car that from the factory had the seat touch the door and the Door Panel sitting two fingers out from the dash.

So if you could post a few close up pictures of that joint with the door closed i'd really appreciate it. And maybe a few of the seat... you know not touching the door...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
dont have a decent camera with me but on the passanger side the door panel does touch the seat from the factory, there was a tsb for it but most people never even knew about the fix since it wasnt a recall...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never knew that, but i dont think it is supposed to compress the seat over an inch or two. Wouldnt that have been fixed by 04?

Maybe im looking too much into it... What about the dash? is it not supposed to be flush?

Anyway i could still use those pictures if anyone could help me out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please help out and post a pic

for a bunch of reasons ive already mentioned it would really help me out if some one could snap a couple of shots of a 99-04 interior with the door closed where the Door meets the Dash...

It sounds dumb i know, but it would really be helping me out. Im trying to see if mine is different than others, but im not in america right now, or near my car, and most pictures in mags and stuff have the door open, you can rarely see what im looking for.... Which is whether the dash is flush with the Door, especially along that seam that runs top few inches of the door and onto the M shape in the dash.

Thanks in advance for any help

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
the dash should be flush with the door and the door panel should not be compressing the seat. if it is happening, something is wrong.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
1-2 inches is too much, its only like 1/2" max (which is why its a tsb, most people wouldnt notice it), you have a problem.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
have them email you pictures of the car's dash, seats, and door panel from multiple shots, door open and closed. then post said pics on here.. ill tell you if i see something out of the norm

<--- ex body repair/paint guy

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I will get some pics of mine for you tomorrow.

·
The Deer Hunter
1,012 Posts
here are a few, i hope they help

I dont know if these will help that much but they may be of some use untill Z can get his pics posted :yes

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Bah forgot to get any... will have some tomorrow.

But ya, the door should not be touching the seat and it should be flush with the dash. Mine sits a little to close to the dash but I have removed them more than once with my project of painting the interior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pictures, yeah mind doesnt look anything like that. You can clearly see on yours that A. the dash is flush with the door panel, and B. the seat well clears the door.

Now its a little different because mines leather, but imagine the door panels were two fingers thicker than they are on yours, and thus stand off the dash that much. Then imagine that two finger lengths presses the seat in that much more.

Everyone just tells me its trivial and it doesnt matter, but i look at it and it pisses me off, And now i know i will never be able to sell this car to anyone who knows what a mustang interior looks like.

How does that work? If it wasnt like that before the dealership put the interior back in... i mean what are my rights?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I will try to get some tomorrow of my interior for you. Personally I would file a written complaint with both the insurance company and the body shop, then I would get 3 other body shops to look at it, and get multiple pics of ref vehicles and then go back to the insurance company with those in hand, along with statements from he other body shops. If that does not work contact your states insurance commisioner and file a complaint, but let them know you are planning on doing that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts