Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my stang, the previous owner slapped 3 Georgia bulldog stickers on it years ago, now the decals are all cracked and faded and hard as rocks. i've tried gas and i've tried goo gone. how do i get these stupid stickers off my paint??
:eek:

·
Registered
403 Posts
+1 Use a heat gun and fishing line, hold the line againts the paint with your thumbs, and slowly pull left to right while moving downward through the sticker.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hold the gun about 6 inches away fromt he paint on the lowest setting, i would do a circular motion(spiral) until you see it start to bent a bit, then try with the lines,.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Use a 3M eraser wheel on a cordless drill @ slow speed. Greatest thing since sliced bread! It will remove the decal and the old adheasive left behind. Finish up with Goo-Gone......it helps to let the car sit in the sun first.
I bought an F250 from my employer that was an old delivery vehicle. It was covered in advertising decals that had been on for 12 years and were hard & brittle. One afternoon with a $30 eraser wheel and you couldn't tell it ever had any decals at all!

Amazon.com: 3M-7498 STRIPE WHEEL W/ARBOR: Automotive

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
first literally pour water on it with a hose or whatever for like 5 mins and then do the heat gun n get a plastic scraper from home depot or something n slowly scrape while heating n cuz of the water it wont stick much....or if you have a steamer like the ones for clothes steam n peel.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Haha, this reminds me of the stickers that were on my friend's/his girlfriend's car when they first bought it.

Some rice boy owned it before them. Had a sticker on the driver side door that said "MIKE" and even though the sticker is off, I guess it was on for years and fading made an outline of the name Mike on the door.

Also had a sticker on the rear window that said "I'm fast and furious". He scraped off every part except for the F and the U in furious. Now the back window just reads FU. :lol

Blkfordsedan basically covered this one though. That's some good advice.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Alot harder to remove from paint than windows ... but after doing what everyone else said .. if you stilll have dark spots, use try an aggressive rubbing/polishing compoung. Will "sand" down the paint a tiny bit but nothing significant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts