• Make it the same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, two choices for the looks of the site redesign. Will probably (hopefully) be the last redesign of the site. I've optimized a few of the home pages and not the rest. So they'll all be getting optimized this time and I'm going to restructure everything to be modular. Example: The header, footer, and navigation will be in separate files and called with a php includes in the content file. This will allow me to only have to change the menu once if I wanted to add a new menu category - rather than change it a hundred times for all the different pages. Also, this will allow me to add new pages much faster - simply making the articles in a table and uploading it... the menu, navigation, footer, etc. would all be added server side. I can concentrate on content then, not creating an entire page each time.

Regaurdless, I will be getting rid of the ugly white tabular border and do something different. Im going to a 2 column navigation instead of 3 - leaving more room for the article.

I learn so much every time I do this, and dammit if I don't find a better way to do things a few weeks after I do it. So, like I said this will probably be the last - so it's important.

Choice #1: Go with a look similar to the way it is now, similar to the forum but unique in it's own right. The differences will be subtle but enough to let people know their looking at a different part of the site.

Choice #2: Duplicate the forum look. Click HERE to see an example of what it would look like.

So, VOTE!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
i say do what ever is easier for you and that would be easier for the members.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now Haus, that kinda defeats the point of a poll now doesn't :wink

Either way is the same amount of work. I want to do whatever is going the be the most preferred look.

Me, I think it would be best if they appeared to be different parts of the site. Veronica thinks it's best to have it all look the same.

So, we have a poll.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
well in that case if its the same amount of work i vote for choice #1.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
i say same look or a newby could click a subforum and think they are on tyhe wrong site, you know? thats my .02

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
:homo all the pages of moddedmustangs should look the same! it just seems like they fit better together and everythin.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've decided to keep them similar, but have a unique difference. The navigation bar will be done differently, as to set it off from the forums.

Here is an updated look at my template design. By the way, I'm very pleased with the modular structure I've come up with. The page calls 5 different files containing the header, footer, navigation bar, etc. so I can make 1 change and effect all files. Now, the only information I have to code in would be the actual content part and change the meta information (sweet!).

CLICK FOR LASTEST VERSION

1 - 15 of 15 Posts