Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, i'm not sure if there are any other posts about this...i did run a search tho. have an '02 gt...

already have MAC cai, but want to complete the intake setup. looking into a 70mm t/b, and plenum. question is...which brands are best (for the money)? originally i was looking at a C&L plenum and BBK t/b. everybody raves about accufab, but are they that much better...$$ is an issue here?

here's a couple links with some good deals, any advantages (besides price) or disadvantages? if there really is a diff and accufab is that much better...i'll spend the extra money. i just have a hard time believing that accufab is worth the extra $$.

eBay Motors: ACCUFAB F7046K1 70MM 96-04 MUSTANG T BODY & PLENUM KIT (item 140205310686 end time Feb-16-08 18:00:28 PST)

eBay Motors: 70MM THROTTLE BODY & UPPER INTAKE PLENUM 01-04 MUSTANG (item 290204844690 end time Feb-17-08 08:44:07 PST)

eBay Motors: 75mm Billet Throttle Body C&L Plenum '96-04 Mustang GT (item 140203363201 end time Feb-29-08 12:27:38 PST)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
aww man. if money is a concern all those are expensive. i got a 75mm PP TB and Plenum combo for $165 off ebay new. a lot of people say the accufab is WAY much better, my opinion, for the money your spending on that the performance isnt even that much better, just my .02.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, that's what i'm leaning towards. i'm sure i can find an even better deal, but when you consider the price for an accufab plenum is almost $300 by itself...just doesn't seem worth it! also heard that 75mm is too big for a natural aspirated engine and since i don't plan on adding any forced induction any time soon...think i'll go for the 70mm

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
accufab is the highest plowing plenum out, but its up to you if its worth it or not. there isnt but a 1-3 hp differences between the accufab and others. i have a bbk plenum and pro parts prod t/b. i did a little work on the plenum and dont have any complaints on my set up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah, i think i'll stick with something other than accufab.

but what about t/b? i'm getting mixed ideas about whether to go with 75mm or 70mm... some say only go 75mm if your using forced induction, and that anything bigger can actually be harmful. others say go for 75mm (seems kinda like the ongoing 3.73/4.10 gears debate). is it just preference, or is there a distinct advantage of one over the other?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cause i was looking at the C&L plenum as well, and that advertises a 75mm inlet...so 75mm tb couldn't be bad. so i guess that is personal preference? awesome...this might be harder than i though haha

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You can also get a trickflow plenum. They have the same design as the accufab and alot cheaper.

·
Registered
922 Posts
yea but the accufab is so darn pretty under the hood :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah, i deff love the looks of it. but honestly...i don't think i could sleep well at night knowing i spent an extra $200, just for that. lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
i got lucky and got my accufab at a swap meet for 200 with 75mm tbody, i'd say get whatever you want though the accufab is a little better and a lot prettier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah, don't get me wrong...i know it's better. looks amazing and has a great reputation (would love to have it in engine pics and my mod description)...but my money is more important to plenum brand bragging rights lol. unless it really is worth it--which i doubt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts