Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT40 Lower intake manifold, I don't want the exhaust gases heating up the intake air.

I was thinking of cutting a 2" piece of thick rubber hose down the center, rolling it up tight and putting silicone in between all the layers and on the outside and jamming it down the top hole of the lower intake manifold.

Bad idea?

·
Registered
127 Posts
What about simply plating it off?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW - I have an EGR eliminator plate for the EGR behind the TB, Im talking about the hole in the intake manifold

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm not sure what he needs, but if you're going to block it off block it off at the head.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure what he needs, but if you're going to block it off block it off at the head.
Yeah, I cant find anything online of anyone doing this, so maybe it's just not done. Or people with this type of issue never run stock heads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The last complete engine gasket set I bought had thin metal plates that were used to block off the EGR passages from the head to the intake for "off road use only". It was a TF gasket set, but they were actually all Fel-Pr0 gaskets. The plates had dimples in the middle to keep the plate centered once the intake and gaskets were installed. I will see if I can find a pic somewhere.:yes

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you do know the egr is unfuntional at full throttle right? and it helps with gas mileage under normal driving?

·
Registered
382 Posts
You can also get a small freeze plug and drill the intake the right size to press the plug in. I've done that with 10mm freeze plugs. The gasket set that blocks the head passage off will work well too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you do know the egr is unfuntional at full throttle right? and it helps with gas mileage under normal driving?
Yeah, but The turbo manifold im installing requires all that **** to go away.

I would remove it anyway though im not going to lie, I dont like it sitting in there taking up space.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool, Thanks guys.

I will look for a freeze plug or hopefully the gasket's I bought have the plates. I haven't checked yet. I got the standard fel-pro gaskets from auto zone so hopefully I have them too. I'll check when i get home.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts