Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just received the PLX DM-200 OBDII IMFD gauge. WOW!! This thing is awesome! The high definition display looks excellent and the graphics and animations are great. It can display multiple OBDII parameters on the same screen. As far as I can tell the display for the OBDII parameters cannot be changed to display different parameters on different screens. It would be nice to be able to change the order of the OBD parameters, but its not really a big deal because you can assign 4 OBDII parameters to be viewed on the regular gauge screens for options like peak and hold, line graphing, analog display, digital display, 4 parameter mode, and for linking to other PLX display modules like the DM-100. The DM-200s can view all of the plx modules to accept a variety of sensors such as wideband AFR, EGT, IAT, oil pressure, fluid temps (intercooler, coolant, oil, etc), and boost. Depending on which modules you have you can set custom warnings such as if boost >2psi and AF >12.0 then flash the red warning screen. You can also set warnings based on OBDII data like if fuel pressure <35psi and TP> 80% = flash warning screen. Its possible to assign up to 4 parameters for your custom warning options. The cost for the OBDII gauge is $379 and it’s a 60mm gauge (2 3/8”) so it’s a little bigger than the standard 50mm (2 1/16”) gauges.
OBDII parameter screens (The ones listed as “no data” did not show up when used on a 2002 GT)
Screen 1………....Screen 2………………Screen 3…………………Screen 4
Throttle position…MAF air flow…………..AIT (IAT)………………….O2 V bank 2 (upstream)
RPM……………..Fuel sys (O/C loop)…..Water (coolant temp)……O2 V bank 2 (downstream)
MPH……………..ST fuel trim 1………….Fuel pressure (FRPS)......AMS temp (no data)
Load……………..LT fuel trim 1…………..OBD type (?)……………..FRP rel (no data)
Timing……………ST fuel trim 2 …………O2 V bank 1 (upstream)…Fuel level (no data)
Int pres (no data). LT fuel trim 2………….O2 V bank 1 (downstream) Baropres (no data)

Here is a link to some more pictures. Please excuse the crappy quality of the pics, my camera does not like to autofocus correctly

DM-200 install into the Rearview Mirror
I was out of gauge mounting space so I decided to see if I could fit the guts of the DM-200 into my rear view mirror. The mirror came off by gently pulling down on the top of it and wiggling it off. (some mirrors may have set screws). I cut the hole in the back with a hot knife, then proceeded to carefully scrape away all of the backing on the mirror with a razor blade that I cut in half. It was a tedious and finger cramping job that took about 1hr. I used a cardboard template and the gauge cover to decide where the backing needed to be removed. The DM-200 needed to be slightly modified by trimming some of the circuit board with some dykes (on the bottom of the gauge). I hot glued the gauge into place and hot glued the back of the mirror on for temporary use. I plan on adding some bondo, sanding, and painting so it looks nearly stock from the back. The entire job took about 1.5hrs. Here are a couple pics.

[Here is a link to some more pictures. Please excuse the crappy quality of the pics, my camera does not like to autofocus correctly

Check out our website at Trick Tuners.com for the best prices on widebands, SCT flash devices and custom tuning, and JLT intakes.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Nice work man, love to see custom ideas

·
Registered
48 Posts
that would drive me bonkers! i dont think i would put it in my rear view,but thats just me. nice install tho, looks really cool

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would drive me bonkers! i dont think i would put it in my rear view,but thats just me. nice install tho, looks really cool
I like it because its easy to quickly glance at the RV for data. I dont really have much space on my dash, and like my gauges to be as out of view as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts