Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well good thing i work for snap on and have access to all diagnostic tools.. read and cleared code and cleaned my maf sensor..should be good to go.. idles great now!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
check your connections as well.

may have a leak.

what about your ait sensor? is it integrated into the maf?

I forget with your year.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yah i had to drill a hole for it..and no vac leak my dad checked...he thinks itsfuel related..next tank of gas its gettig some good 93 in it to see if its any bettr..i have been using valero regular

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
so how does it hesitate?

is the idle good?

More air is usually a good thing.

I would think that detonation would be a more normal thing at WOT considering the mod.

Jack around with the plug or wires lately? I think it may be spark issues honestly.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hesitates in second and third gear anywhere from 2k all the way to 380 0 rpms and all under hard acceleration..

the idle is right around 1200...

and we made sure everything was nice and tight and conncted

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Have you ever changed your fuel filter? It's kind of an odd coincedence that it happened at the same time you installed your ram air though. I would imagine there is something off with your install. Double and triple check behind yourself before you move on to the fuel system. Check thing around the air inlet system as well. Maybe something came off by accident when you were installing it.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
had the whole thing off car yesterday..even put stock one on to see.. we did plugs about 5 months ago and my dad thinks he may have damaged one of the boots..he said it doesnt take much to ruin it..and he sai he canhear it in the exhaust that it sounds like wires..im gonna ask my boss tomorrow if he knows how to test the plug wires...my dad is not really up to date on this stuff so imgonna have to ask around!

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
It may be a bad plug or something. Also get some fuel system cleaner. You shouldnt detonate with just a ram/CIA.

Buy 1 new wire and go through and test each one. Also check your plugs you may be getting a short. Also see if autozone can check you coil packs. They go bad. Also put ur stock intake back on. If it works fine then we know its a fuel issue.

But yea first thing to do it try and stick the stock intake back on. If all works fine you know the issue.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
put the stock one back on and it still acted up..i asked a bunch of customers about it and they all said sounds like wires..ill save up a little and buy some nice taylor wires for it i guess..i have some cheap napa ones on there right now that i got for free.i also need a drivers side rear caliper its leaking really bad...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts