Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike some cases this one seems more cut and dry. Sounds like from some of the stories the officer said he feared for his life and that's why those shots were fired. Interesting stuff imo! Should be "shoots man in the back" I guess they have their reasons for the heading.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
I moved this to the Undergroud, only because of the graphic nature of what's in the video.

Personally, I don't see in the film where the officer was in danger. That's not to say he wasn't, as the events leading up to the film are not there.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
We don't know what happened to cause this, but it's dead wrong to shoot someone in the back while they're running away. There is no threat at that point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he should have just cooperated with the officer, it's easier for everyone involved. He didn't deserve to die, but he shouldn't have resisted and tried to run.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

Looks like the cop tried to cover it up after he killed him by dropping his taser next to the body and claiming the suspect took his taser.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
It looks like there is something on the ground, black object possibly a Taser. That being said that shooting does not look justified.

I would caution the notion that you cannot be legally shot while fleeing. There are numerous situations where police are justified to shoot and kill a fleeing suspect especially if they have committed a violent crime such as murder or are a danger to the public.

From what I read and saw this case does not support that. If the guy turned and tried to aim the Taser at the officer he would have been justified to use deadly force. It sounds like this.guy was just running from a traffic stop, probably suspended or something. While cops don't have to put themselves at a disadvantage, you can't just go to a firearm. You have to be able to handle yourself as well.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Unlike some cases this one seems more cut and dry. Sounds like from some of the stories the officer said he feared for his life and that's why those shots were fired. Interesting stuff imo! Should be "shoots man in the back" I guess they have their reasons for the heading.

Walter Scott Shooting VIDEO: Police Officer Michael Slager Shoots Black Man Multiple Times in Back - YouTube
Right, the reason for the heading is to spark racial outrage. That is their only reasoning for the heading. I too agree it should be something like you say.

All of that said. I too would like to see the story. Sure looks like flat out murder to me anyway you slice it though. Looks like the kid said something to him and then takes off, so he shoots him in the back. Crazy stuff.

Edit: According to that New York Times article he is being charged with Murder.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Right, the reason for the heading is to spark racial outrage. That is their only reasoning for the heading. I too agree it should be something like you say.

All of that said. I too would like to see the story. Sure looks like flat out murder to me anyway you slice it though. Looks like the kid said something to him and then takes off, so he shoots him in the back. Crazy stuff.

Edit: According to that New York Times article he is being charged with Murder.
I was just about to say this. It's a damn shame that someone was murdered and the first thing a news crew does is turn it into a race issue. It's 2015. **** like that should have been long gone.

As for the cop, make an example out of him. Make an example out of the next one, the one after that, and keep doing it until this **** stops. I'm not just talking about cops killing civilians. If there is irrefutable evidence that you murdered someone, you should get the death penalty. Plain and simple.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I was just about to say this. It's a damn shame that someone was murdered and the first thing a news crew does is turn it into a race issue. It's 2015. **** like that should have been long gone.

As for the cop, make an example out of him. Make an example out of the next one, the one after that, and keep doing it until this **** stops. I'm not just talking about cops killing civilians. If there is irrefutable evidence that you murdered someone, you should get the death penalty. Plain and simple.
Exactly. Keeping things like that up is doing nothing but deepening racial tensions.

Like you said. Its a damn shame someone got murdered, and what is the first thing the media does? Make headlines like this "White cop shoots black man in back."

Okay, Im not black, but I think I would get tired of this as well. Why does race have to always be brought into everything? Why cant a balck man be just a man? Why are they always being lumped into the category of "Black" men.

·
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much
8,744 Posts
that dude deserves life in jail

dude was running away, my 90yr old grandma could run just as fast.... he could literally jog and catch up for ****s sake
there nothing to justify that

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
It looks like there is something on the ground, black object possibly a Taser. That being said that shooting does not look justified.

I would caution the notion that you cannot be legally shot while fleeing. There are numerous situations where police are justified to shoot and kill a fleeing suspect especially if they have committed a violent crime such as murder or are a danger to the public.

From what I read and saw this case does not support that. If the guy turned and tried to aim the Taser at the officer he would have been justified to use deadly force. It sounds like this.guy was just running from a traffic stop, probably suspended or something. While cops don't have to put themselves at a disadvantage, you can't just go to a firearm. You have to be able to handle yourself as well.
I think that was his taser as well which is supposedly what started the whole thing.

The ex-cop is going to have fun in jail that's for certain. I forsee in a few years he will have a swastika tattoo in prision looking for protection.

·
8,744 Posts
theres a video on svtp.. slowed down, enhanced.... he comes back and drops the taser next to him
let me look for it..

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

someone erased the thread.... bastards

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
theres a video on svtp.. slowed down, enhanced.... he comes back and drops the taser next to him
let me look for it..

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

someone erased the thread.... bastards
Yeah that was on the news a minute ago the officer after he cuffed the guy ran back over to where the initial contact was at picked up something and then dropped it by where the cuffed guy was laying in cuffs. This situation may have been a bit different if there was no video esp if that taser was placed next o him as he lay shot. Without the video there would have only been one story.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I agree. While I don't particularly like the annoying Copblock dickbeaters and their cameras, this citizen did a good job capturing what he did. I think the video is what seals this case, without the video or witnesses, this guy could still be on the streets potentially as a murderer. I say potentially because even he deserves due process and he hasn't been convicted of anything.

The guy could be a total shitbag but I feel bad for him, especially seeing how his body reacted to those shots. He didn't look like the most physically fit individual by the way he was running prior to those shots. You can see him go up on his tiptoes upon impact. Several of those rounds found there mark and that guy suffered no doubt.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spot on Corey!!

·
8,744 Posts
1:16 to 1:30

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

btw, i couldnt find the damn enhanced video

1 - 20 of 155 Posts