Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sanded and polished their intake manifold and have some pics? The search function doesn't work too well on my droid...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, that's something I'm looking at getting done in the future.
I was more meaning smoothing out the outside and polishing it for asthetic purposes though

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Lonhyn that's no fun. Have you ever looked into the windstar upper intake from vap?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's actually one of the first things I looked into that eventually led me to this forum ha. The only reason I haven't done it is because of the hood clearance issues I've heard about, and its not in my budget to get a new hood and get it painted

·
Registered
730 Posts
+1 Windstar intake looks much better than the stock intake. VAP Auto - Specializing in 3.8L Mustang Performance

Also.. I Googled "mustang windstar swap" and my sig came up under images. :wtf
yeah dude my sig comes up for the must random mustang sh*t i search for.... :wtf right??? :confused:

but yea dude sanding and polishing your intake would be such a PITA holy crap i dont even want to think about it haha

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
yeah dude my sig comes up for the must random mustang sh*t i search for.... :wtf right??? :confused:

but yea dude sanding and polishing your intake would be such a PITA holy crap i dont even want to think about it haha
I wouldn't say sanding and painting it a bad idea if you are on a tight budget. Just the windstar gives the engine more of a "mean" look.:eek: yea I said it

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I definitely like the look of the windstart intake especially since there's a little power gain. But my budget is tight. Is there any other cat that uses the same intake as the Mustang? I don't really want my dd down for a couple days to do the polishing

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
I could ship you my manifold and throttle body for 20 plus shipping.. But shipping would be a whore

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I definitely like the look of the windstart intake especially since there's a little power gain. But my budget is tight. Is there any other cat that uses the same intake as the Mustang? I don't really want my dd down for a couple days to do the polishing
I don't believe there is anything else worth swapping. ESG is currently getting ready to swap in a 99+ Windstar upper and lower intake (the normal Windstar swap uses a 96-98 Windstar upper intake).

·
Registered
631 Posts
This isnt mine but it's one of the nicer ones i've seen polished and paint matched.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nah McQ,this guy obviously puts a **** ton of work into keeping his ride clean. skip till about 2 min into it and you'll get to see the entire bay.

·
Registered
631 Posts
just the the throttle body, it needs the angled spacer to keep it from rubbing on the hood,and the iac relocated. I see some of those mcqueen posted above that dont have the iac relocated which makes me go :wtf

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Wait.....there a clearence isue with the hood ...with the windstar...??

Your fine.. You could see mine rubbed a bit but I believe my motor sits a tad higher than the coupers..

You might want to remove the heat shield thing.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i don't think that's polished...i think it's painted metallic silver....
i think he painted it with wizardry! :shiftyeyes

or he got it chromed... i feel like metallic silver just wouldnt shine like that...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts