Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about sending my Paxton in to have it polished to a mirror finish. Got a quote to have it done. This is all in the plans to spice up the engine bay so it looks as good as the rest of the car. Is there anything I must know about doing this.

-Whelther it be process for reinstallment
-replacing anything
-just anything I need to know to have this done.

Thanks in advance. Reps to all who help!

oh and where can I get blue (looks like tape that goes over the orange fittings on the SC piping instead of the black that is on)

This is what it looks like! Intercooler in the fall!

·
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Vortech is selling them like that but I see no reason why you can't get yours painted or coated like that.

·
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I am planning on painted the valve covers and the supercharger/intercooler piping all sonic blue. Which do you think would look better. Black or Chrome?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i also think you should just get everything powder coated. covers, tb, sc'er, sc'er piping, anything that's metal that can be put in the oven w/o damage. i personally have always liked black chrome more

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i imagine it would be pretty straight forward

·
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do I have to worry about the heat after powdercoating. I know I have seen people paint them, but I would want to do it right.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you can buy it from the company powder coated i don't know why you would have to worry about getting it done yourself

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can paint it yourself, the black wrinkle finish that is. I think it was Dimore that painted his valve covers the same thing and it was sick. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
You can paint it yourself, the black wrinkle finish that is. I think it was Dimore that painted his valve covers the same thing and it was sick. Just a thought.
Yes Dimora painted his cam covers with black wrinkle finish. However I don't think paint would be a good idea on the supercharger housing. Powdercoating would be a much wiser option.

·
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes Dimora painted his cam covers with black wrinkle finish. However I don't think paint would be a good idea on the supercharger housing. Powdercoating would be a much wiser option.
Is it just because it is more durable then paint?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts