Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...I purchased a 96 cobra with a KB TS1000..which I believe is to be a 2.1 ( I think ) and was wondering how big of a deal is it to pull it off and polish it up. Anything special I need to know?????:):facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
that depends on what you consider a big deal. its a little more involve than pulling say a regular intake off but similar. id say if you feel comfortable getting into it go for it. i wouldnt consider it a big deal although it will take some time so make sure you have time for it

·
Registered
701 Posts
Its not a 2.1, it doesnt have the blisters in the front cover. Its most likely a 1.7. If you have the equipment it shouldnt be a prob. If you send it out its a pretty penny. It looks like it is polished just needs a clean up. I wouldnt even pull it off. Just remove or cover whats around it if you can, wash it and maybe use Mothers aluminum polish the stuff does wonders.

Sent from a bar in Joisey

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
ya. i would follow what boost said. just give it a good polish on the area you can get to and call it a day. but hey its your call. if you had nothing to do one day why not.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
adams metal polish step one and 2 it will look like mine lol that stuff is the bomb

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Hi everyone...I purchased a 96 cobra with a KB TS1000..which I believe is to be a 2.1 ( I think ) and was wondering how big of a deal is it to pull it off and polish it up. Anything special I need to know?????:):facepalm:
You'll need a long hex wrench (allen wrench) to reach the two rear manifold bolts through the inlet plenum. KB supplies a long T-handled wrench with the kit which the previous owner hopefully passed on to you. Removing/reinstalling the blower isn't difficult.

Its not a 2.1, it doesnt have the blisters in the front cover. Its most likely a 1.7.
:yes That appears to be a 1.7L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts