Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy that wants me to polish the chrome on his pull behind trailer. So what is the best way to do this? Using a buffer or by hand? Also what is a good chrome polish you can get OTC because it will be Saturday

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Go to your local NAPA store and get some Wizards metal polish also called cotton candy. This stuff is amazing. Just wash the wheel, dry it, then pull a two inch piece of this 'cotton candy' off the roll and rub it until it turns black then wash off the residue. Repeat as necessary.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some eagle one cotton candy like material that's for metal but I haven't tried it on chrome yet

·
Registered
659 Posts
never dull works good and I also like mothers metal polish..liquid kind.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
white diamond is the best stuff i have used for chrome,ss and aluminum ,its around 15 bucks at advance,but they are limited on supplies ,they just started carry it about 4 or 5 months ago

·
Registered
10 Posts
What happens if there is road tar on the chrome? It won't come off with soap and water.. I don't want to use the Wizards metal polish and rub this crap into the metal/steel.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Try a more aggressive wheel cleaner like Sonax, anything safe for chrome, etc or even an APC. The road tar needs to be removed prior to polishing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mothers Chrome Polish is what I recommend.

Many true metal polishes are not safe for chrome -- the can scratch -- so read the fine print and test in an inconspicuous area first if you are unsure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts