Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make my vortech shiny? it doesnt look real good right now. I have kind of used mothers aluminum polish, but it didnt do much. My sc is not the polished kind either.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am thinking about doing some car shows and just want to make the engine look a little better.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i polished mine up with metal polish and a drill with a polishing ball on it. took a while but it eventually cleaned up real nice.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Gunna need a buffing wheel/ball. Hand polish wont get ya what your lookin for

·
Registered
21 Posts
A dremel with a felt polising wheel and a flex shaft would be great for the hard to reach and tight areas, other then that a drill and a buffing ball works great, a find a lot of it comes down to the polish, i've had great success with mothers but i also got a chunk of green polishing compound and that seems to work really good. I think its more aggressive so it works quicker.I think i got a kit of different polishing compounds for like $15 at Princess Auto. Good luck and post some before and after pictures.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i just need a drill and a buffing ball? is there any specific kind i need and where can i get it?

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
You should use some real polishing compound. You can make most metal shine like a mirror if you do it right. I think there are white and red bars that i have used with a buffing wheel on a drill. Takes a lot of time for sure.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you mean by white and red bars?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey Omalley go to curtis' house he has a red bar there that he uses to polish some headlights and a buffing wheel. I am coming in tomm so drop by his house and let booger man port and polish that biaaatch!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts