Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally had time to polish my vortech supercharger. I just really hated the unfinished look. Here is a picture befor and after. I am not done yet because it takes forever to do, but here is where I am at now. Also What should I do with the pipe that goes to the TB? Should I try and polish it or should I paint it a different color. Maybe gloss black?

Here is it before.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started out with 200 grit sand paper and went all the way to 2000 grit. After getting it smooth I used a buffing wheel and compound and then I used mothers to polish it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
looking good ..but remeber also if you polish that pipe it might give you some heat soak ..so you might want to get a silver ceramic coating to give you a polished look.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
looks great, man. beats paying extra for the satin finish lol...
i'd also go with getting the intake pipe ceramic coated or powder coated to match the color of the car...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. yeah I saved a lot of $ by not buying the polished one

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Looks good. I have been sporting a satin finish v1 for years it just never really bothered me,

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Looks good...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Army GT I didnt use any coating. I just sanded then used polishing compound on a drill buffing wheel then applied mothers polish by hand.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldnt think polishing would rise the heat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts