Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have never polished a car before or buffed it. I watched a couple videos on it after hearing about it. My car has the usual little swirl marks and stuff in the clear coat just from being 9 years old and through washing and stuff. I want to really make her shine. I am wondering if polishing it would remove most of those little marks? Also what type of polish should I use, what pad? Just any tips or any info that you guys can point me to I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Stickies man! Not trying to be mean at all, but those stickies will let you know everything! It answered all my questions when i first started to learn!

great advice, good pictures!

But 9years and never polished...looks like your going to have your work cut out for you!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The swirl marks are not too bad. Honestly my car shines amazing. It looks like brand new it is I just have a couple light swirl marks. I have gotten compliments on how it looks like a brand new paint job. It is very hard to tell but for someone who wants perfection I want it to shine better than ever for my college's car show coming up may 6th.

Thanks, I will look at the stickies and then post up any questions if I have any after.

But do you guys think that the swirl marks will come out with just polishing, I guess maybe the stickies will answer. I will read through them. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you just want to remove swirls on your cars just try out for swirl removers such as ScratchX 2.0 or 9 Swirl Remover 2.0 ..These Removers safely remove light swirls and scratches without using harsh chemicals or sharp abrasives.Also very easy to apply, shines your finish pretty well, will remove minor paint marks.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Check the stickies...Thats where I learned everything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts