Modded Mustang Forums banner

What color should I paint my COP covers?

• Silver/Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Black

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (describe below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color should I paint my COP covers?

I was initially going to go with a black/silver theme for the car, but the blower kit I bought was powdercoated black with red components, and the hood I bought was black on top with a red bottom. The previous owner of the blower kit ran black valve covers with red COP covers as shown below.

I'm heavily leaning toward red COP covers.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
What a conisidence I just started painting mine red So far I have the Drivers side done, if you look hard you can see then in the Picture. It looks really good up close and Im glad i went with red. When i get back to the house Ill be finishing them.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I used high temperature plastic primer and Automotive paint, I also used the Automotive paint on my timing cover and its as solid as the paint on the car.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Wow. Are your motors clean! I'm so embarassed. :sorry

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
LOL I dont drive mine in incliment weather and she stays in the garage.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
I like when I had Accel coils. they were yellow and my injectors are green, kind of ironic since I'm running e85 and they were corn colors lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
I went with a wrinkle black for my valve covers and cop covers since my car is black.but I changed my mind and go with a orange since everyone goes with black and red.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts