Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pretty soon I am going to be putting a GT takeoff front and rear sway bar on my V6. I was wondering if I should get the poly bushings for the sway bars? I also heard the shifter poly bushings helped too. Looking for any opinions on if these help anything

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I think I heard that poly bushings are too stiff for a street set-up. But I am not too sure, so wait for others to chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
So pretty soon I am going to be putting a GT takeoff front and rear sway bar on my V6. I was wondering if I should get the poly bushings for the sway bars? I also heard the shifter poly bushings helped too. Looking for any opinions on if these help anything
Are you still going to just lower the back with Roush springs or do you undertand why its a bad idea now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have no experience with the mustang yet. I just purchased my a few months ago.
But am also planning on changing out the rubbers for polys in lots of locations.

I have done this to my previous cars (2006 eclipse, and 2003 eclipse) and loved the outcome. Better control, less slop, overall just a tighter handling car. But I also did more than just swaybar bushings; Control arms, shifter, motor mounts.
I say polys are good.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
i have polyurethane bushings in my adj. upper control arm, adj. panhard rod and billet aluminum lower control arms. They are much stronger than stock and they transfer very little noise to the cabin. I don't notice them being any stiffer, but I also have tokico d specs that are on setting a little stiffer than stock

EDIT: you just have to remember to grease the bushings every oil change and make sure you AVOID all greases that have petroleum. They will destroy the bushings

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the only ones I would be putting on are the bushings on the sway bars since I will be switching to the GT sway bars. I also heard that putting a poly bushing on your shifter gets rid of some of tightness between 2 and 3rd gear on manuals

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Well the only ones I would be putting on are the bushings on the sway bars since I will be switching to the GT sway bars. I also heard that putting a poly bushing on your shifter gets rid of some of tightness between 2 and 3rd gear on manuals
for the shifter I'm not sure, I have an auto :D

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
but what about the sway bar bushings then
i'm not too sure what the question is...if you think it will be stiffer, then yes it will be a little stiffer nothing too serious though. I have a stock gt sway bar so I'm not 100% sure. If you are going with urethane bushings I would put a little grease on them so they don't squeak and make unwanted noise

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have poly bushings on the lower control arms and a poly bushing and spherical bearing on the upper and it works fine for me. I plan on switching to spherical rod ends on the upper and lower control arms in the near future. I will get the Steeda Race upper and Race lowers, since I am not worried about the noise that they make. But I must say that the rod ends on the pan hard bar make a lot of noise when driving over bumps and turning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts