Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about posting this in the clubhouse forum, but i do think it is more technical than just b/s stuff. This has probably been asked in the past, but figured i'd bring it up.

People ask all the time if i do this or that, will it kill my gas mileage. We also ask what kind of hp gains will i gain out of product x. One question that hardly ever gets asked is what kind of torque will i get out of product x. Though some of us do autocross our mustangs, don't most drag race? So with that said...HP means holding the power, TQ gets you there.

Personally, I want that neck snapping torque....i want to be pushed so far into my seat, i end up in the trunk! I want to run the 1/4 in the 9's but yet still pull up to the local sonic street legal (well probably not ca, lol). Also i would prefer running off something from a country that doesnt take mentally challenged women to blow up innocent people.

Some of you probably know where i'm heading, but to fill the rest of you in....why don't we have a diesel mustang? Could you imagine a twin turbo 4.2l v-6 diesel (making up an engine on that one) Sure we wouldn't have that loud growl that i love of the v-8...but damn imagine the potential!!! Diesels get some major torque, now imagine transplanting one into a mustang :)

Has anyone ever done this?

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I prefer the ethanol idea. Higher octane and lower cost. There are a few guys who have done it, I'm currently following a motor breakdown and rebuild after a year of pure ethanol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That would be sick if you could fit a Powerstroke in there. Wouldnt be cheap, but it would be original.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powerstroke would be too big and too heavy. This is all just an idea, dont have $ to do it. I was thinking more along the lines of a v-6 diesel...just can't think of any cars that use it right now.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
not an import guy but i think either vw or audi or mercedes are
your only options. would be sweet...i saw a 70's chevelle w/a duramax diesel run 10's

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i work at an auction and i have the privalege of drivin many cars, esp. the audi, bmw and mercedes that come thru. i think its an original and sweet idea. Im with you on that, if you got the cash to do it, def do it. ive learned not to underestimate those types of cars since working here and you would be happy with the results you can get out of those cars.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
deisel in a muscle car.... **** no. also 9's seem easier than they are.

if you want street legal car that runs 9's you need a built 4V, a badass turbo setup, and a auto, and some weight reduction.

·
Registered
991 Posts
get a deisel engine then swap it to biodeisel then go to drunkin donuts and take their grease and oil lol

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
amazes me that ppl think ethanol is cheaper...
its alot cheaper, at is 104 octane. around me ethanol sells for about $1.20 a gallon, and you use about 25% more of it than you do regular 93 octane. and when 93 is costing $3.50 a gallon around me, ethanol is a hell of alot cheaper.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i'd be happy to run in the 11's in a street car. nobody can touch you unless you're in a serious area. i've honestly never had an encounter with a faster car than mine in the last year. old guys drive vettes, they dont drive fast.. civics are slow and gay, wrx's are common and so are evo's around here. srt-4s too. but i've never had anyone try to race me except for one wrx and a bunch of shitty hondas and eclipses.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you havnt run intot he right crowd. pretty mcuh every area has a group that if your not running 8's/9's you dont have ****. pretty mcuh out of my groupd of friends, im one of the slowest, most of them are running 800+RWHP soem of them up to 1100. my little 10 second car or whatever it will run with the current mods isnt **** compared to some of my friends.

but my friends have pretty much the baddest cars in the area, im still faster than 99.9% of the cars on the road, and still faster than probably 90%+ of the "fast" cars on the road.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
its alot cheaper, at is 104 octane. around me ethanol sells for about $1.20 a gallon, and you use about 25% more of it than you do regular 93 octane. and when 93 is costing $3.50 a gallon around me, ethanol is a hell of alot cheaper.
I have no clue what your talking about... It cost more to make than gasoline, and it sells for more. I have no clue what your talking about...

·
Registered
171 Posts
ethanol is cheaper than gas around here too by over a buck or so. I think ethanol is a good way to go, get 104 octane for less than the price of 87.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ethanol is cheaper than gas around here too by over a buck or so. I think ethanol is a good way to go, get 104 octane for less than the price of 87.
but the only problem is you have to spend a good penny on the fuel system, and get another tune just to use it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
deisel in a muscle car.... **** no. also 9's seem easier than they are.

if you want street legal car that runs 9's you need a built 4V, a badass turbo setup, and a auto, and some weight reduction.
KingChronic,

this is all a what if...all way hypothetical.

Yeah i know how much work would be involved in getting a car in the 9's...you cant just slap a big motor in something and expect it to run.

My big question...Why no diesel in a muscle car? Is this based on previous versions of diesels or just a never would i want to see one? Keep in mind, diesels are not the same old crap they used to be...just cause they used to be crap, doesnt mean they still are.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
but the only problem is you have to spend a good penny on the fuel system, and get another tune just to use it.
Not only that but the cost of food goes up as well, you need more land to produce it and like said before is more expensive to make as of right now, but in the future that might change. Do I support e85 or E yes if there was a station around here I would def convert, all you need to change I believe is the plugs, injectors and pump(might be more).

but then again as oil goes up so does everything else because almost everything in US is imported. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts