Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just a quick question i have been noticing i haven't been driving on the highway anymore due to finishing school so its been all city miles and my milage went down substantially..... i usually keep my shifting from 2500 to 3500 rpm at the most and im only seeing like 190-200 miles to a tank is this normal..... and i have it in tip top shape..... im going to clean my k&n air filter and then add some lucas injector cleaner to the next tank i only run chevron 91 on it

Reactions: pyschopath76

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Some people say they can get 250+ a tank.

Personally I think that's outrageous. I was only getting about 210 (if that) a tank in my 96 GT. And that was with new plugs, wires, fuel filter change, maintained oil changes, etc.

And I shifted around 2200 most of the time. That's my average.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i only average a little over 200 a tank myself in the city and "normal" driving, shifting around 2500 or 3000. u get alot better on the highway of course im sure you know that. city gets worse specially from stoplight to stoplight. if your done with school, hit them gears up (if you havent already). my 4.10s help me a little bit more than my stock gears running around town but not enough to brag about, but it helps.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
i shift at like 1500 around town and get ~24mpgish

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I get about 24 freeway and 13 city. Stop lights kill mpg badly! maybe the freak'n environmentalists will realize this and computer control all the lights to optimize traffic flow. You get 0 mph sitting at a light and 2-6mpg accelerating to about 35mph at a medium pace.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
That's very typical to see a drop like that.

I get 23-24mpg on the highway, but that drops to 15-16 around town (~200 miles/tank).

Not much you can do about it, you can try running 76 or Shell and see if you get any better - all my Fords seem to run just a hair bit better on either of those than Chevron, but you're certainly not gonna see any significant gains.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Some people say they can get 250+ a tank.

Personally I think that's outrageous. I was only getting about 210 (if that) a tank in my 96 GT. And that was with new plugs, wires, fuel filter change, maintained oil changes, etc.

And I shifted around 2200 most of the time. That's my average.
Even with my 4.10's I get 250+ I am just under a 1/4 tank now and have 240 on it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
now i feel better that everybody gets around the same as i do, i thought something was wrong ever since i got 4:10's my mpg sux about 200 a tank but im always in higher rpm now,

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Even with my 4.10's I get 250+ I am just under a 1/4 tank now and have 240 on it.
I can't even get to 200 a tank in the Cobra. Although in the Cobra I never let it get under 1/4.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I get between 190-220 MPG pending on the trafic. That is a mix of freeway, city, and play.

edit: I mean MTT, I wish 220 mpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was noticing after i gutted my cats my milage droped about 40 miles a tank, but then i found a station that doesn't put 10% corn mix in and i'm back up to 300 a tank around town, get 400 on the highway

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
you know that mustangs are equipped with gas pedals, right? :D
lol! I keep the cruise control set on 55. lol

I can't even get to 200 a tank in the Cobra. Although in the Cobra I never let it get under 1/4.
No ****? I wonder why that is? Mine gets what I consider to be great mileage for what it is.

I was noticing after i gutted my cats my milage droped about 40 miles a tank, but then i found a station that doesn't put 10% corn mix in and i'm back up to 300 a tank around town, get 400 on the highway
Damn. I wonder if this is Lefty's problem? Do cat's really help improve fuel mileage? I wonder becuase I am looking at either buying a new prochamber or a used bassani x. Both would be off road. I would hate to lose that much mileage.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
No ****? I wonder why that is? Mine gets what I consider to be great mileage for what it is.

Damn. I wonder if this is Lefty's problem? Do cat's really help improve fuel mileage? I wonder becuase I am looking at either buying a new prochamber or a used bassani x. Both would be off road. I would hate to lose that much mileage.
I mean I dont' really care personally...it's not a daily driver ya know. It's the toy so gas mileage isn't really a concern. I was just curious ya know...

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Oh I know man. I wish I had a DD so I could park this thing and mod the **** out of it. I would have it down to 10MPG! lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts